Lance. Are you a lover, hater or neutral?

Lance, Lover, hater or neutral?

• Love the man

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate the man

• No opinion either way

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bigtwin

ComedyPilot said:
Don't know him so can't love or hate him. I like bike racing so can't be neutral, so have opted for love in the absence of 'like him'

Yeah yeah yeah - you opted for man-love. Simple as.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Admire him in some ways, not in others; don't like his public persona at all, but I don't know him personally so no idea what he's 'really' like.

As a bollock cancer survivor myself I find the 'hero' tag more than a little preposterous. One does what one needs to do to survive. I do however think he was a bit of an idiot leaving it until it was the size of a watermelon before he took it to the Dr.

For the record, I think he is a bit of a twat and yet I admire him immensely for his achievements. And I really, really hope he wins the TdF, if only to piss off a whole nation of haters.

peanut

poor guy can't fart without someone critisising him:biggrin: I don't know how he can cope with such intense media scrutiny every second whilst he is trying to compete competively in the hardest race in the world with a team that clearly isn't supporting him

yello said:
ah okay ... a team that "isn't supporting him".... right...
Which channel is this other TdF being shown on then? ;)

He's an amazing person and with the personality and presence that he appears to have he is bound to polarise opinion. To me he's inspired a lot of people and has also done some good work to combat cancer.

My issue with him is that he is working in the pro peloton and using it to promote his charity fundraising agenda. I think he should keep the two seperate, because the individualised, charismatic and ultimately non-cycling agenda is bound to grate with and disrupt team and other individual performance agendas. It can't be an easy thing to manage if you are a DS.

Good luck to him though. He'll always be contraversial IMO.

accountantpete said:
I'm going down the Steve Davis route with Lance -hated him when he was winning everything but quite like and respect the guy now.
Interesting comparison. Steve Davis was one of my bugbears back in the days when I bothered with snooker. I always wanted one of the mavericks, a Jimmy White or an Alex Higgins, to beat him, but it rarely happened. He was so mechanical and precise, almost inhuman. Mind you, he always seemed like a nice chap and, so far as I know, never cheated.

Top Bottom