Lance. Are you a lover, hater or neutral?

Lance, Lover, hater or neutral?

• Love the man

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate the man

• No opinion either way

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Panter said:
I suspect that his understanding of race placings goes 1st, not 1st, not 1st, not 1st..........

I think you're right, and that's one of the reasons I admire him, or at least am slightly in awe of his 'drive'. Think he might be slightly 'mad' though, but still respect him as a cyclist.

asterix

Comrade Member
Having read some of the more fawning comments of the admirers, I have changed my mind and voted to hate the guy.

Bigtwin

Well, this thread has certainly been an eye-opener so far as the mean-spiritedness of some people goes.

To find ways of having a pop at him for his charity work takes a really "special" attitude.

I wonder what the sum total of those people's efforts and achievements in that direction is - roughly fick all I would suspect.

Bigtwin said:
Well, this thread has certainly been an eye-opener so far as the mean-spiritedness of some people goes.
Ah, so the proper options for the poll should have been 'grovelling admirer' or 'sick twisted bastard' then? Obviously questioning His sanctity puts you beyond the pale...:biggrin:

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
L'Equipe's headline yesterday was 'Chapeau Le Texan'. Looks like he's won some of them over...

Crankarm

Guru
dellzeqq said:
L'Equipe's headline yesterday was 'Chapeau Le Texan'. Looks like he's won some of them over...

That's because the French have had two Brits ride into their Tour and do very very well, enough for them to pull their baguettes out of Lance and stick them into Cav and Wiggo.

Crankarm said:
That's because the French have had two Brits ride into their Tour and do very very well, enough for them to pull their baguettes out of Lance and stick them into Cav and Wiggo.
I can hear Yello starting to twitch...:smile:

Interestingly, one rider who the French never really liked much (because he was arrogant, aloof and apparently invincible) was a chap called Anquetil. IIRC (and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) he wasn't American or British...

asterix

Comrade Member
Bigtwin said:

To find ways of having a pop at him for his charity work takes a really "special" attitude.

I wonder what the sum total of those people's efforts and achievements in that direction is - roughly fick all I would suspect.

Not so my friend: within the year to date I have effectively given a good three-quarters of my pre-tax income to good causes. Not something I can afford to do every year, admittedly, else I would need to swap my small 25 year-old caravan for a cardboard box:ohmy:

Crackle said:
Perhaps Bertie could donate a couple of legs to Lance?
I think it might take more than that...;)
He's a tough b*stard is Bertie! I think he smells a bit, but he did well to cope with the whole situation.*

* - unless he was smoking really big spliffs in between stages. ;)

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
Sorry, but Lance is a complete twat.

His last twitter message on Contador was pure corporate bullshit and apparently said with no sense of irony, 'hey, pistolero, there is no 'I' in team'... hmm, well, last time I looked there is no 'I' is 'arrogant self-gratification artist' either.

Oh, and this after Armstrong had not attended the post-TdF Astana team celebration dinner, instead chosing to dine with RadioShack execs. What a team-player!

I am not surprised Contador says there is 'zero' relationship between them.

zimzum42

Legendary Member
FFS, you seem to be missing the point! It doesn't matter how much of a knobber you are, do a couple of turns for chariddee and you're a good bloke!
Maybe Jim Davidson should try it!

nosherduke996

Lance is the best rider thats been around for years. No matter what people think of his attitude, you cant knock him for what he has done for cycling.He is a LEGEND thats why everybody wants to see him get beat.
Its the same for the Tiger Woods and co of this world.

Top Bottom