Lance. Are you a lover, hater or neutral?

Lance, Lover, hater or neutral?

• Love the man

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Hate the man

• No opinion either way

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
peanut said:
poor guy can't fart without someone critisising him:biggrin: I don't know how he can cope with such intense media scrutiny every second whilst he is trying to compete competively in the hardest race in the world with a team that clearly isn't supporting him

He copes because, every farty second his fizzog is on the telly, his value rises.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
The poor bastard.

Crankarm

Guru
I like him. I've seen him racing and talking when interviewed on TV, I've read his books. That's as far as it goes, anything more would be creepy, stalking territory and enough grounds for a restraining order.:smile:

Wow, a Richard Feynmann/Lance Armstrong comparison, what a rarity.

Armstrong would just about win on a bike, but Feynmann would kick Lances arse at Particle physics.....

I have been a big fan, maybe because of what he went thru, but in the eighties I was a big fan of LeMond.

Glad he is back in the biking, certainly got me out of retirement and back on 2 wheels.

Does a hell of a lot for the cancer charity, can't think of any other sportsman who has done so much.

asterix

Comrade Member
kevin_cambs_uk said:
I have been a big fan, maybe because of what he went thru, but in the eighties I was a big fan of LeMond.

Glad he is back in the biking, certainly got me out of retirement and back on 2 wheels.

Does a hell of a lot for the cancer charity, can't think of any other sportsman who has done so much.

Let's not be forgetting Jane Tomlinson, eh?

Though terminally-ill with cancer, Jane Tomlinson raised more than £1.5 million for charity by running in three London Marathons, several triathlons and The Great North Run.
Together with her brother she also cycled from John O'Groats to Land's End and from Rome to Leeds.

She was also disappointed that a lack of interest from the US media meant she only raised £100,000, well short of her expectations.

yenrod

Lance Armstrong (and many like him) has been places not many of us have or will face.

...that has to deem respect.

OP
OP
Panter

Panter

Just call me Chris...
Did bloody well in the Tour didn't he :smile:

Mind you, he had a face like thunder on that podium :whistle:
I suspect that his understanding of race placings goes 1st, not 1st, not 1st, not 1st..........

Blue

Legendary Member
I think the LA detractors on this forum are much more up their own arses than LA, or anyone else.

Anyone who makes 3rd on the Tour deserves respect. To make 3rd at this stage of his life gives a good two fingers to the critics.

mangaman

Not a real Lance fan myself - but great to to see Contador win.

IMHO the best three week stage racer we've seen since Mercz (Lance only ever one tour - Alberto's won all 3 )

Still a great ride by a 38 year old to finish 3rd though - although I'm still amazed by Brad and Cav's berformenses. The Uk were the top country in the tour !!!!!!

Top Bottom