Lazy sods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I used to be a policeman. In some houses, to write statements, I would only sit on vinyl kitchen chairs or the arms of suites.

Is the house in question private or rented. If it is rented try and get in touch with the landlords.
It`s owned, we live in a cul de sac of semi`s, the other side is just as lazy, but their house is joined to mine so I have no option but to try and keep it clear, but these if they think I`m clearing theirs too, they can go to hell!

Sara_H

Guru
A friend who used to be a midwife used to judge places by whether the carpet was sticky... xx(
When I was a student nurse I remember going out with a health visitor who's patches covered a well to do area and a neighbouring mostly Pakistani community that was a bit less well to do.
If she needed a wee, she'd always go in the well to do households, because she said they'd often put out fresh towels and soap for her to wash her hands.
She used to try and coincide her lunch with a visit to a Pakistani household as she would generally be invited to have some lunch and be treated like a VIP guest!

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I used to be a policeman. In some houses, to write statements, I would only sit on vinyl kitchen chairs or the arms of suites.

Is the house in question private or rented. If it is rented try and get in touch with the landlords.
Reminds me of one I went to a couple of years ago. I go around servicing equipment for patients of the chest clinic of our main hospital, one particular house the woman said "the machine is in beside the bed", which is no great issue. I went in, serviced the machine, kneeling down on the carpet while I did. When I got up I realised that my knees were wet, with that she turned round and said "oh sorry is it damp down there? He wet himself earlier"..............

Charming

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
On the other hand our next door neighbours are absolute cleanliness / DIY fanatics, there is rarely a day or evening when the Hoover or drill isn't going or he isn't dismantling and replacing the guttering that he dismantled and replaced last week, putting their brand new cars up on jacks to remove the wheels and polish the brake discs / shoes or taking the roof off their shed and replacing it. He even knocked down his perfectly sound garage and rebuilt it but took liberties and encroached onto his other neighbour's land, stored his sand and hobby building materials on the same neighbour's land which all ended up in court, changed the level of his garden and made holes in the edge of ours as a result.....I could go on, but I won't....I must remember not to clean out the leaves from my gutters though....

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've got quite a few lazy gardeners. The house 3 doors down, the back garden hasn't been done in 15 or more years. We moved in 20 years ago, new build. The original owner started a conservatory and put a base down. That's how the house has stayed and it's now rented. Many of the front gardens are more weeds than grass. One neighbour is a builder (Mr half finished I call him) and the front block paving he did is a mess. Full of weeds.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

On the other hand our next door neighbours are absolute cleanliness / DIY fanatics, there is rarely a day or evening when the Hoover or drill isn't going or he isn't dismantling and replacing the guttering that he dismantled and replaced last week, putting their brand new cars up on jacks to remove the wheels and polish the brake discs / shoes or taking the roof off their shed and replacing it. He even knocked down his perfectly sound garage and rebuilt it but took liberties and encroached onto his other neighbour's land, stored his sand and hobby building materials on the same neighbour's land which all ended up in court, changed the level of his garden and made holes in the edge of ours as a result.....I could go on, but I won't....I must remember not to clean out the leaves from my gutters though....
My neighbours are very clean, just forget about the fundamental things like leaking gutters, and don`t start me on their antics with cars:evil::evil::banghead:

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

We've got quite a few lazy gardeners. The house 3 doors down, the back garden hasn't been done in 15 or more years. We moved in 20 years ago, new build. The original owner started a conservatory and put a base down. That's how the house has stayed and it's now rented. Many of the front gardens are more weeds than grass. One neighbour is a builder (Mr half finished I call him) and the front block paving he did is a mess. Full of weeds.
I`ve been there, in my last house

U

User32269

I also have to go into houses for work, my favourite is the guy who (for reasons best known to himself) has a vast collection of p1ss filled plastic bottles ..... The smell in his gaff takes the enamel off yer teeth.
Suppose you got to have a hobby!

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

I also have to go into houses for work, my favourite is the guy who (for reasons best known to himself) has a vast collection of p1ss filled plastic bottles ..... The smell in his gaff takes the enamel off yer teeth.
Each to his own xx(xx(

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

Ours are too, they are just very inconsiderate
I can agree with that too. 90% of the time I don`t know they are there, can`t fault them for that, when when they are going to do something noisy, such as 8 weeks of constant drilling/banging they don`t even have the decency to tell me, they just crack on and "stuff anybody who`s weekend it spoils". They can do what the hell they like, just have the courtesy to tell me first..................

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The builder decided to build a single storey building in his back garden. We couldn't see it but the neighbours are furious. He called it a 'Wendy house' but it was actually somewhere for his 29 year old son to live as he was a nightmare. Mr Builder is a pain in the arse.

Brandane

Legendary Member

Me too. I used to help out on some of the drug turns with our local drugs unit. You can imagine having to search through some of the aforementioned types of houses, going through EVERYTHING in an attempt to find evidence.
I once came down with a nasty bug after one particularly filthy house. Bedrooms were knee deep in dirty clothes, bags of litter months old, just filth everywhere (go on punsters, take your cue :okay:); all of which had to be searched through xx(. My biggest fear was getting a needlestick infection from the dirty bassas :angry:. How can humans live like that?

Brandane

Legendary Member
Truck driver? At least he's taking them home rather than chucking them out onto the nearest roundabout like the rest of us some of the clatty boogaz ^_^.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom