Lazy sods!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
thanks but no thanks, believe it or not but I'm not angry, far from it just annoyed at how these type of threads continually become acceptable to mock, piss take those for whatever reason don't meet the "recommended standards" of the predominantly affluent middle class posters of CycleChat...

Come and have a look around these parts one day! Lazy dossers sat on their arses feigning disability, filthing up their free rent houses and in the process filthing up the surrounding neighbourhood. One example for you. Some new houses have been built up the road from me. Brand new houses many working couldn't afford. One already has rubbish galore thrown out and as i pass i get the occasional whiff of cannabis. I've noticed the local scrotes knocking on the door then leaving a few minutes later. I'm in the process of sending off an e mail to Crimestoppers.:smile:

Mrs M

Guru
People have differing standards and levels of respect for their and other peoples property.
Having weeds in the garden and long grass because you are not able is one thing but having rubbish and broken toys out front because you're too idle to clean it up is unacceptable.

Sandra6

Veteran
I'm with irish. Not the class side, but I took that as a generalisation
Some of you are coming over as very holier than thou and judgemental.
I'm glad I never had any of you in my house when it was at its worse. Sometimes things get on top of you and the housework can be the last thing on your mind.
As for blocked gutters, we had a huge problem in our last house. And despite having the gutters cleared the water kept on pouring down. Why? Because the very well to do neighbours who spent weekends jetwashing the flags and hours vacuuming, never unblocked the downspout on their property.
You don't know what's going on in other people's lives and bitching about them isn't going to help anyone

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
I'm with irish. Not the class side, but I took that as a generalisation
Nobody whose post I've read has come across as being in the least bit snobby about people with what are just untidy houses. The comments are about those who live in conditions unhygienic filth, and also being someone who goes into customers homes I know what they mean.

And most of the people I see who live like that do not have mental health issues, they are just plain lazy.

Sara_H

Guru
I've never cleaned my gutters. I didn't know I was supposed to. What disasters have I stored up for myself?

screenman

Legendary Member
of course I can but to be fair it seems to be a pointless question, the bigger question should be why that matters so much to you rather than what else is been talked about in the thread...

It was you that mentioned class, I am just trying to understand why you think that comes into the dirty untidy issue.

OP
OP
speccy1

speccy1

None if the do not need cleaning, for me it would mean damp walls if they were not cleaned out yearly.
Yearly? I wish..........

It`s weekly here, due to *&^%$ing huge pine tree behind my house dropping it`s needles all year round, they clog the gutters, the drains, blow in the windows, basically they get everywhere. It`s not unusual for me to be outside at 3am during a huge downpour because it`s keeping me awake. This is one of the reasons that I`m thinking of moving

I only do the garden when following criterion is met.
From April to October on weekends
When the temperature is between 16-28 Celsius
Wind speed is below 15 mph
There are no important sporting events on the TV.

I know my garden stands out with compared to neighbours. If they are worried, they are more than welcome to come and do it.

Tin Pot

Guru
Why don`t people look after their houses?

What always amazes me is that nobody else is ever remotely bothered, only me:evil:

I can't be arsed.

Gutters? Eight years and I haven't cleared them. Probably storing up a big problem. <shrug>

Work is hard enough without working when I get home too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom