Leeds Ride, 6 or 7 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bokonon

Über Member
UPDATE: This ride will be on Saturday 6th March.

Meeting at Golden Acre Park car park for 9:30 departure. ColinJ has very kindly produced this route map based on an initial suggestion from andyfromotley.

---

Anyone interested in a ride starting in Leeds on Saturday 6 March?

Route will be around 50 miles. I'm currently considering a loop up to Bolton Abbey unless anyone has any better ideas. Start point, time, and full route details will be dependent on who comes from where.

Please post if you're interested!

---

Interest so far...:

Bokonon
ColinJ
colly
Happiness Stan
longers
Moodyman
andyfromotley
shippers
zacklaws??

zacklaws

Guru
I'm working that weekend unfortunatly.

longers

Legendary Member
Can I register an interest? Saturday would be better for trains but it's not definite I could make either day yet.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm interested if you have a route that keeps us off scary A-roads like the A59! ;)

As longers pointed out - if it is a Sunday then trains might be the limiting factor. Ah, I've just checked - there is a rail replacement bus service running for the Caldervale line that Sunday so I can't get the train to Leeds and don't fancy the return trip by bike on top of the 50 miles. So... I'd be okay for the Saturday, but only okay for the Sunday if I can get a lift.

Choose the date to fit in with the majority and I'll see if I can make it. I've never been to Bolton Abbey from that direction before.

OP
OP
B

Bokonon

Über Member
Happiness Stan said:
Possibly. Nice ride via Otley, Langbar and back again if you are stuck for a route.

I was considering Langbar as a return option (ie going up the steeper side :rolleyes:) If there are a fair few riders, there is always the option for some to go up Langbar and others to carry along the flat with a re-group at the ice cream van in Ilkley.

OP
OP
B

Bokonon

Über Member
ColinJ said:
I'm interested if you have a route that keeps us off scary A-roads like the A59! :rolleyes:

Don't worry, I wouldn't entertain that idea at this time of year. I tried to do Harrogate to Skipton along the A59 in early spring a couple of years ago. The combination of horrid weather and big lorries made me give up very quicky. Get it at the right time, though, and it is a fun piece of road to cycle on.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Bokonon said:
Don't worry, I wouldn't entertain that idea at this time of year. I tried to do Harrogate to Skipton along the A59 in early spring a couple of years ago. The combination of horrid weather and big lorries made me give up very quicky. Get it at the right time, though, and it is a fun piece of road to cycle on.
Would that be something like 03:00 on Midsummer's Day! ;)

colly

Re member eR
I've done the A59 between Harrogate and Skipton a number of times in the past, in both directions, mostly early mornings on a Sunday.

I did it once on a Saturday morning I think it was at about 11.30.

Once only though at that time. Never again. Very scary stuff.;):sad:;):sad:

Top Bottom