Leeds.......

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Shame, and very short-sighted of someone. They were brilliant marketing.

Sadly there is no place for them in the corporate structure. There's no Tetleys pubs and there's no Tetleys brewery and arguably there's no Tetleys beer since it's no longer brewed in Leeds. I can't remember when I last drank a pint of Tetleys bitter. I certainly haven't had any since the brewery closed.

All is not lost though. Samuel Smiths maintains its dray horse teams at the stables at the Angel and White Horse pub in Tadcaster. One of the pub's bars has windows that look out onto the stables and you can admire the horses from the bar when they are home.

http://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/site/shire-horses/

RichardB

Slightly retro
There is hope, then. I was a big fan of Sam Smith's Old Brewery Bitter back in the day. Next time I am Taddy way I will have to re-acquaint myself. I have seen some Sam Smiths in my local supermarket, but not the proper stuff as far as I could see.

Roadhump

Time you enjoyed wasting was not wasted
Sadly there is no place for them in the corporate structure. There's no Tetleys pubs and there's no Tetleys brewery and arguably there's no Tetleys beer since it's no longer brewed in Leeds. I can't remember when I last drank a pint of Tetleys bitter. I certainly haven't had any since the brewery closed.

All is not lost though. Samuel Smiths maintains its dray horse teams at the stables at the Angel and White Horse pub in Tadcaster. One of the pub's bars has windows that look out onto the stables and you can admire the horses from the bar when they are home.

http://www.samuelsmithsbrewery.co.uk/site/shire-horses/

No Tetley's brewery or pubs is very sad, and anyone drinking that smoothflow bilge who thinks it is the real thing doesn't know what real beer is (there is no difference at all between that and John Smiths). However, there is a pub called the Farmer's Arms in Burscough where they sell cask Tetley's and it is a very nice pint indeed, probably an imitation of the real thing, but a good one. Last time I was there about 3 months ago, it was only £2.65 a pint as well........I always have a pint of Tetley's when I go to the Farmers which is a great countryside pub, and just to keep the Leeds theme, it sits on a very picturesque site on the Leeds - Liverpool canal.

DRM

Guru
No Tetley's brewery or pubs is very sad, and anyone drinking that smoothflow bilge who thinks it is the real thing doesn't know what real beer is (there is no difference at all between that and John Smiths). However, there is a pub called the Farmer's Arms in Burscough where they sell cask Tetley's and it is a very nice pint indeed, probably an imitation of the real thing, but a good one. Last time I was there about 3 months ago, it was only £2.65 a pint as well........I always have a pint of Tetley's when I go to the Farmers which is a great countryside pub, and just to keep the Leeds theme, it sits on a very picturesque site on the Leeds - Liverpool canal.

Now there is another thing, once upon a time a pub in Lancashire would have served Tetley Walker beer, not Tetley bitter, which did taste different, I think it was brewed in Warrington, basically Carlsberg walked roughshod over the history and the workers at Tetley's in Leeds, the phrase they knew the price of everything and the value of nothing sums up Carlsberg.

Top Bottom