Lets be friends - best friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

maurice

Dave5N said:
Good luck!

Thanks! & @ noodley

It's actually Sunday, today is just easy-going prep.The weather hasn't exactly been conducive to training recently, (the race was snowed off from last week) but the rest of the field are in the same boat so can't complain.

Chuffy said:
The exit is just over there ---> :sad:

No peleton to hide behind in XC, the best man wins rather than whose got the most friends :tongue:

Noodley

maurice said:
...but the rest of the field are in the same boat so can't complain.

So, you all cycle round a boat? What kind of sport is that? :tongue:

maurice

pedalo-gb2l.jpg

You never seen this kind of race before? Must live a sheltered life, let Lance go and open your eyes to the world :tongue:

wafflycat

Chuffy said:
Probably true. Rough Ride doesn't paint a pretty picture of the author, he's more brutal on himself than he is on anyone else. You can call it self pity, or bitterness, or whatever, but I admire him for being more cruelly honest with himself than most of us would ever dare to be.

To be honest, Kimmage in a press conference with Team La is never going to be anything other than a bearpit. It certainly isn't going to get any answers. So Team LA is getting kudos for the smackdown? Big surprise, plenty of people want to be on the side of the alpha-dog and Kimmage isn't the most sympathetic of people. But it's a shame that the rest of the press pack is gutless enough to suck up to Team LA and not risk being kept away from the biggest team.

Yup Kimmage may well be a difficult person to like, but at least he keeps hammering away at trying to expose the culture of doping and the entire hypocracy surrounding it.

yenrod

Paul Kimmage got carrried away on that one..i can see his frustration. He rode when pro's where basically hard-bastards.

He was quite the 1st TO spit 'on the soup'.

And got ignored big time but the world needs people like that to do that...he needs credit, yet saying - the 'cancers back' ie LA is quite heavy.

The look on G. Hincapie sums it up really.

Everyones for LA at the moment and he definately handles himself VERY VERY well.

He, simply for the life of him and whatever he can talk his way around cannot get rid of the suspition.

I'm sure he would - like to.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
yenrod said:
Paul Kimmage got carrried away on that one..i can see his frustration. He rode when pro's where basically hard-bastards.

He was quite the 1st TO spit 'on the soup'.

And got ignored big time but the world needs people like that to do that...he needs credit, yet saying - the 'cancers back' ie LA is quite heavy.

The look on G. Hincapie sums it up really.

Everyones for LA at the moment and he definately handles himself VERY VERY well.

He, simply for the life of him and whatever he can talk his way around cannot get rid of the suspition.

I'm sure he would - like to.

Wow - I bung a rare post into racing and look what happens. Well, here's my 0.02 Euros....

Kimmage doesn't so much spit in the soup as take a dump in it, stir it with his manhood and then sell the rights to dump toxic waste in it to the mafia.

He's a very angry man because he feels betrayed by a sport that he started out believing was largely fair, noble and worthy but turned out to be somewhat otherwise. Is that his fault? - Yes because he comes across as stunningly naive when be turned pro in Rough Ride and no, because that's what we're all told about sport - human endevour and all that, right?

When it comes to putting across his point that pro cycling is filthy he has, to borrow a phrase from Sunday morning park football, "the touch of a rapist". Despite that, I really admire the guy - no one could accuse him of hypocrisy.

As for Mellow Johnny, I am not a fan for all the usual reasons. As for this latest spat, I don't like the way he's intimately woven his professional career, from which he will continue to gain exposure and make money, with a good cause. It allows him to frame criticism of HIM as criticism of HIS CAUSE.

Dave_1

kimmage is right to ask the questions and confront lance...but many in Cali will be clean and while it is right that kimmage covers that with an article...on Lance , Basso, tyler, Landis...I ask you will we see kimmage write a non doping article to balance that one...cause many riders will be clean at Cali and Kimmage i fear will not write a balancing story...so in this respect, how can we support Kimmage? kimmage must have two seperate articles on cali or he is kicking everyone in the teeth

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Dave_1 said:
kimmage must have two seperate articles on cali or he is kicking everyone in the teeth
Forgive me, but...

This makes no sense at all - does every article not mentioning dopage have to have its counter-part lambasting (f'r example) Leakygas for signing Basso (who should not have had a pro-tour ride for another two years, as remarked previously). Or pulling Mr. Armstrong up for equating the situations of D. Millar with F. Landis and I. Basso...?

Dave_1

John the Monkey said:
Forgive me, but...

This makes no sense at all - does every article not mentioning dopage have to have its counter-part lambasting (f'r example) Leakygas for signing Basso (who should not have had a pro-tour ride for another two years, as remarked previously). Or pulling Mr. Armstrong up for equating the situations of D. Millar with F. Landis and I. Basso...?

POI makes no sense?

presumption of innocence means Kimmage has to give some of the cali riders the benefit of the doubt by not writing about them as dopers I feel collectively...why should he only go there to report on dope when many have a different story to tell? If he cares about cycling he can write a few stories, ...but I suspect we'll only see one

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Dave_1 said:
POI makes no sense?
What you wrote was;

I ask you will we see kimmage write a non doping article to balance that one...cause many riders will be clean at Cali and Kimmage i fear will not write a balancing story...so in this respect, how can we support Kimmage? kimmage must have two seperate articles on cali or he is kicking everyone in the teeth

It seems to say that you can't take Kimmage seriously unless he writes pieces ignoring the spectre of doping that hangs over the sport.

Plenty of people will be writing jolly "Aren't things all lovely, let's watch the race" and not "balancing" that by writing that Basso should not have a pro-tour ride. They won't be writing that maybe Armstrong shouldn't be allowed to just blow off the promises he made before starting his comeback season unchallenged.

...why should he only go there to report on dope when many have a different story to tell? If he cares about cycling he can write a few stories, ...but I suspect we'll only see one
Why shouldn't he? Plenty of people are telling the other story, and only the other story, after all.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Thanks for that. Interesting what he said about Millar because I'd always got the impression that was unconvinced by Millar's born-again anti-doping stance.

Top Bottom