Lets be friends - best friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Bollo said:
Thanks for that. Interesting what he said about Millar because I'd always got the impression that was unconvinced by Millar's born-again anti-doping stance.
I think he was convinced by the whole Slipstream/Garmin setup (he did a piece on it last year iirc) and has had to cut Millar some slack based on that. Before then he was pretty unpleasant about Millar and very sceptical (see his take on Millar's reaction to Vinokourov being busted mid Tour in 07). I'd Google for the link but I don't have time at the moment.

kennykool

Interesting - thanks for that. Very valid point about Hamilton Landis Etc.

Still cant really see what his beef is with Lance however! fair enough the UCI let Lance back early but come on......it's Lance!

kennykool

I would never compare Lance to God......More like Jesus!!!

So is he giving Lance grief at a press conference just to show he is gonna be different and NOT kiss Lance's ass?

I think Lance's comeback to Kimmage was brilliant - i hope he felt about that size (using index finger and thumb for effect)

kennykool

Deluded but happy Rich....the way I like it. So much bad stuff going on in the world you cant take it all serious....especially not a sport.

I've got more important things to be concerned about than whether or not some sportaman has or hasn't taken drugs - or when is the next time he'll be tested and why cant i understand the test....codswallop the lot of it.

Everything is rose tinted in my world - keeps me sane!

Enjoy the racing thats all i ask! :rolleyes:

rich p

ridiculous old lush
kennykool said:
Deluded but happy Rich....the way I like it. So much bad stuff going on in the world you cant take it all serious....especially not a sport.

I've got more important things to be concerned about than whether or not some sportaman has or hasn't taken drugs - or when is the next time he'll be tested and why cant i understand the test....codswallop the lot of it.

Everything is rose tinted in my world - keeps me sane!

Enjoy the racing thats all i ask! ;)

Nice one, Kenny!
Each to his own. I'm only happy when I'm moaning!:biggrin:

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
kennykool said:
So is he giving Lance grief at a press conference just to show he is gonna be different and NOT kiss Lance's ass?
The point isn't to give Mr. Armstrong stick as an end in itself.

The thing is, Mr. Armstrong has questions to answer - look at the "Quiz" threads regarding his (now, apparently) non existent independent, imperative, transparent anti-doping programme. Look at the answers he gave about the programme before the announcement was made that he and Dr. Catlin were parting ways. Look at the way he equated Millar, Landis and Basso and seemed to say that fans cheering Millar without cheering Landis and Basso were hypocrites. Look at the way he seemed to threaten Pro-Cycling with no more access to him when he didn't like the (reader submitted) questions they asked him.
I think Lance's comeback to Kimmage was brilliant - i hope he felt about that size (using index finger and thumb for effect)
I do think Kimmage's cancer metaphor was out of order. That said, Mr. Armstrong sought out Don Caitlin because he was

"the most credible and well respected anti-doping crusader, especially here in the United States," Armstrong said about choosing Dr. Catlin.
(From the Interbike Press Conference).

So surely he'd have no problems talking to a journalist with a strong anti-doping stance?

Incidentally, if anyone's interested in the article Kimmage wrote, it's readable here. The part Mr. Armstrong spent 9/10ths of his time answering is two lines in the very final paragraph.

Read the whole thing.

maurice

Kimmage could have given Lance a much harder time on the Caitlin issue, instead he focused on old-news Landis and gave Lance a tap-in by saying he couldn't get an interview.

He messed up, needs to be smarter if he's going to get anywhere.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
John the Monkey said:
The point isn't to give Mr. Armstrong stick as an end in itself.

The thing is, Mr. Armstrong has questions to answer - look at the "Quiz" threads regarding his (now, apparently) non existent independent, imperative, transparent anti-doping programme. Look at the answers he gave about the programme before the announcement was made that he and Dr. Catlin were parting ways. Look at the way he equated Millar, Landis and Basso and seemed to say that fans cheering Millar without cheering Landis and Basso were hypocrites. Look at the way he seemed to threaten Pro-Cycling with no more access to him when he didn't like the (reader submitted) questions they asked him.
I do think Kimmage's cancer metaphor was out of order. That said, Mr. Armstrong sought out Don Caitlin because he was

(From the Interbike Press Conference).

So surely he'd have no problems talking to a journalist with a strong anti-doping stance?

Incidentally, if anyone's interested in the article Kimmage wrote, it's readable here. The part Mr. Armstrong spent 9/10ths of his time answering is two lines in the very final paragraph.

Read the whole thing.

+1

The Caitlin thing is just mad.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
maurice said:
Kimmage could have given Lance a much harder time on the Caitlin issue, instead he focused on old-news Landis and gave Lance a tap-in by saying he couldn't get an interview.
I'm genuinely astonished that no one is asking about the claims made for transparency etc. I saw the fact that no pre-competition results had been posted prior to the Tour Down Under mentioned on one website. ONE.

maurice said:
He messed up, needs to be smarter if he's going to get anywhere.

Yes he does....

John the Monkey said:

....and that article is not smart. I have a lot of sympathy for what he's saying but I cringe at the way he says it.

Crackle said:
Yes he does....

....and that article is not smart. I have a lot of sympathy for what he's saying but I cringe at the way he says it.
Yup. A year ago I'd have been cheering every word, but I think it's the wrong tactic now. Having said that, he seems to be the only one with the guts and fire to keep on plugging away.

Dave5N

Über Member
Chuffy said:
Yup. A year ago I'd have been cheering every word, but I think it's the wrong tactic now. Having said that, he seems to be the only one with the guts and fire to keep on plugging away.

No he's dull, tedious, incapable and frankly can't cut it in proper journalism. Just look at his S Times articles. :biggrin:

Top Bottom