Lets be friends - best friends

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

kennykool

John.Just read that article,funnily enough whilst watching Lance take off in the ITT.

Interesting read.

This nurse O'Reilly I have heard of a few times.....in a couple of books on Lance and as far as I am lead to believe her "evidence" has never stacked up. Hincapie a Doper???? That is honestly the first time I think I have heard that!

"Evidence" from L'equipe also....hardly Lance's biggest fans are they?

I suppose all I can take from this is folks can use whatever 'facts' they have and come up with their own conclusion.....I've just done it myself by dismissing
L'equipes claim that Lance failed tests in 1999 on the basis that "they don't like him"!

I suppose by the same token that I am blinkered with everything invloving LA as he is the reason that I started riding a bike and as you are probably aware he is somewhat of a hero to me and can do no wrong.

I hope some of this post makes sense as I am typing on my iPhone and it's tough to read it back

kennykool

Additional.... One thing that has come out of this is that I now know who Kimmage is!!!!!

Has he got a book coming out???

Look at me being sceptical.... Too much time on this forum perhaps ha ha

Noodley

kennykool said:
Additional.... One thing that has come out of this is that I now know who Kimmage is!!!!!

Has he got a book coming out???

Look at me being sceptical.... Too much time on this forum perhaps ha ha

one thing that has come out is that you knew/know nothing about cycling pre-Lance. And refuse to listen to anything that we more experienced and knowledgeable chaps have to say :biggrin:

I'll take you through it step by step if you want:

1) Le Tour did not start when Lance won.

kennykool

Noodley said:
one thing that has come out is that you knew/know nothing about cycling pre-Lance. And refuse to listen to anything that we more experienced and knowledgeable chaps have to say :biggrin:

You're dead right with that Noodley.....Lance is all I knew about in cycling.

I want you guys to know that I AM listening to you and taking everything on board and am learning every day!

I've already fessed up that I'm blinkered when it come to LA!

Sure you lot will to your best to beat that out of me tho ha ha

wafflycat

Noodley said:

2) The greatest ever finish in Le Tour was when it was won by another American, Greg LeMond in 1989, winning it by 8 seconds from Frenchman Laurent Fignon, on the last day, a time trial ending on the Champs Elysee. I watched it - it was magnificent - it still is magnificent.

Edit: & LeMond came back from his own life-threatening situation, having been shot in the back in 1987 (hunting accident) & taking two years to recover.

Dave5N

Über Member
wafflycat said:
2) The greatest ever finish in Le Tour was when it was won by another American, Greg LeMond in 1989, winning it by 8 seconds from Frenchman Laurent Fignon, on the last day, a time trial ending on the Champs Elysee. I watched it - it was magnificent - it still is magnificent.

Magnificent? Bollocks. Cost me a £10 straight bet. Nearly half my giro.

wafflycat said:

100% totally agree. Absolutely gripping. Would they ever dare to put a TT on the last day after that.

wafflycat

I wish they would - it was a magnificent Tour - none of this 'parade' into Paris on the last day, the winner already having been decided. It was gripping stuff - right down to the wire. Ye gods, it all comes back - wonderful stuff.

Top Bottom