Let's have a PC and Mac pissing contest.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I am going to get a MacBook Air (with the internal solid state drive) because it does what I want, and it is simply a beautiful object ... and I can get one effectively free.

I really don't care about the technical details or arguments between geeks. Good design is never dull but comparing specs certainly is.

twowheelsgood

I agree it's beautiful. But good design?

Apple reduced the least important aspect of a notebook (it's thickness) to achieve an aesthetic goal and the cost of providing it with only a single port and a non-replaceable battery. For ethernet you need an adaptor or you can use the PAINFULLY slow wireless to transfer files. You don't even get a card slot which is utterly inexcusable - even a $199 eee pc has one. The screen is also only 6bit color (i.e. crap).

No reducing depth, width or weight would have been far more useful.

I'd still have one for free though.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Flying_Monkey said:
I am going to get a MacBook Air (with the internal solid state drive) because it does what I want, and it is simply a beautiful object ... and I can get one effectively free.

I really don't care about the technical details or arguments between geeks. Good design is never dull but comparing specs certainly is.

it's a jaw dropper right enough, like the first gen black ipod nano was when i first saw one in the flesh… (bonj will be along shortly to tell me i've been taken in by marketing).

peanut

Flying_Monkey said:
I am going to get a MacBook Air

good computer design is not just about what the thing looks like. Its also about useability and suitability for purpose.At least make sure that you can use it with all the things you need;)

Top Bottom