Lets negotiate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
They probably watched ITV as well.
Worse, some of them spoke with northern accents <shudder>.

ayceejay

Guru
hey listen I live in the only place on earth where the resistance to Ameripron is acceptable, the French can't do a decent 'aitch' either so imagine talking about Herb or an herb where I live.

In order to ingratiate myself, I may initiate a negotiation in order to differentiate and thereby circumstantiate the pronunciation of this word. I hope you wouldn't consider me licentiate because I am actually novitiate although I hope to potentiate in order to propitiate and satiate, and hence substantiate your post.

I was just about to say that

Shut Up Legs

Down Under Member
hey listen I live in the only place on earth where the resistance to Ameripron is acceptable, the French can't do a decent 'aitch' either so imagine talking about Herb or an herb where I live.
Imagine if you had the given name Herb, and you lived there. Phone conversations would start with "Allo? Erb?". :giggle:

Which reminds me: I need to work on my French, because that French Alps cycling I did last month just whetted my appetite for more.

SteCenturion

I am your Father
R kid says "yeah" at the end if every sentence.

I can't stand it, though to be fair his current sentence is 7 years.

winjim

Smash the cistern
The High Rising Terminal (or Rising Inflection as it is otherwise known) is a feature of Australian and NZ speech as well. There are conflicting suggestions as to where it originates.... this may be one thing we can't blame on the Merkins entirely - after all, they didn't make Home & Away or Neighbours.
They didn't.

(Hmmm, this joke doesn't really work written down.)

MiK1138

Veteran
When's the Scotlandshire Parish Council going to sort out the NHS up there? It's getting almost as bad as the NHS in Wales.... :whistle:
On a personal note after breaking my wrist due to MTB stupidity i DIDNT wait long in A&E, DIDNT wait long for surgery and DIDNT wait long for a Physio referal . i leave knocking our wonderful NHS to Scottish Liebour and tRuthless Davidson

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
A-ha!

Unfortunately, the TV and radio is rammed full of politicians at the moment I was silently praying for some politician specific strain of bubonic plague to smite them all when yet another politico popped up on Radio 4 and set my teeth on edge by saying "nego-cee-ate."

I was grumbling into my cornflakes when a minute or two later he used the word again, but this time he slipped and pronounced it properly. Nothing worse than a put-on posh accent.

Top Bottom