Let's start a Kraftwerk Tribute Band!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Good question and none I'm afraid.
The Man Machine and Trans Europa Express.Two owned and the only ones I've heard to the full.Were these two their best years ? Hmm,matter of opinion I suppose.
I have Minimum Maximum on DVD.
Techno Pop (formerly Electric Cafe) is, relatively, a lemon, though it's still got some great tracks on it. Buy all the rest. I just got the Catalogue box when it came out....

Got that on vinyl....classic!

You should hear it through 5:1 surround on vinyl.
It would blow you off an Ostrich !!! :laugh:

Chromatic

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 4592772, member: 259"]Never. Life on earth started with the single version of Autobahn exactly 5000 years ago.[/QUOTE]

Funny you should say that, hearing the single version of Autobahn is what set me off on my Krautrock odyssey. I recall hearing and thinking wow, that's great. I then went out and bought the single and the album, then started reading up about them, of course a few other German bands were mentioned and I just had to investigate them and this started me off on my life-long love of Krautrock and Can, amongst others, in particular. I wouldn't class Kraftwerk as Krautrock now though but I still like most of their stuff.

I'm old enough (but not quite 5000 years old!) to have been able to buy the first three albums at the time, they were obviously still available when Autobahn was released (the first two were released in Britain as double album, with a groovy cover I may add). For anybody who have not heard them they are not really anything like the well known stuff subsequent to Autobahn and may not be what you'd expect at all. I'm sure I've posted a 'tube video of Klingklang off the second album here at some time in the past.

Top Bottom