Lidl... the not so nice side.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
Fair Play to Sports Direct. I think the issue isn't so much that it took place, but Lidls disinterested attitude and the lack of an apology.

Good point, this should be in the section for frothy emails to head offices that include the phrases:

Long-time customer

Shocked and dismayed

Disappointed

Jumped-up jobsworth worse than eleven Hitlers

KneesUp

Guru
Doesn't say "must allow guide dogs" though does it? They could ban dogs and make other "reasonable provision" if they were so minded.

One guard has clearly goofed, as it is pretty inconceivable that Lidl has any such policy.

Putting up a shed without planning permission is possibly "breaking the law", but I'd not expect my neighbours to call the police, though I might quite rightly get a letter from the council.
I didn't say anything about how the fact that a law has been broken ought to be dealt with. I was merely questioning your attitude in an earlier post which implied (and note I said 'implied' and not 'proved beyond reasonable doubt') that you thought that the law didn't matter.

It's clear that the law has been broken. I would concur that it hasn't been broken as a result of company policy and would also agree with the suggestion that it seems to have been broken by the idiot / person who wasn't listening at training that every large organisation seems to employ at some time.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I don't think qnyone here is defending the shop.

However, it would also require a bit of an effort to establish that banning guide dogs was discrimination according the act - especially as even the dog ban is highly unlikely to be lidl policy. i would think it could well be justified in some circumstqnces - though probably not here to be fair. But As far as I understand it, banning guide dogs is not in and of itself an offence.
And yet we have all thiw righteous indignation "calling the police" and what not.

I might ask, is there more to the story - or is it q pure co-incidence the victim juwt happened to be q councellor?

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
I've never understood why guide dogs are allowed in food stores and other dogs aren't.

I love dogs but they are all equally grubby.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
[QUOTE 3282959, member: 45"]Non-assistance dogs don't need to go into food stores, and are likely to be less well behaved.

Just wash your sprouts.[/QUOTE]

So are dogs that aren't guide dogs excluded on grounds of hygiene or behaviour?

Retribution03

As has been said it's an isolated incident and gross isolated incident and whichever dick ejected him wants instant dismissal and given a book on shop policy.

Bryony

Veteran
Lidl and Aldi pay rather above minimum wage I believe?
I know Aldi pay well, the starting wage for a shelf stacker or checkout operator is just over £8 an hour going up to £9 an hour!! I keep looking out for jobs there but nothing yet!! Not sure what Lidl pay though.

One interesting element of escalation is a failure to deal with the original issue

It is so often the case that an apology, an explanation of what occurred and what has been doe to preventrecurrence is all thatthe original complainant was after.

Failure to take the few minutes to do this costs time, effort and often financially

Top Bottom