London Parks Ride - Wednesday evening, June 17th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Based on an original concept by CC's very own dellzeqq, this Wednesday will see the Sarf Loondump Noodle Kru (© tdr1nka) along with a couple of Northern Monkeys set out on the "Parks" ride, an informal meander through some of London's greener spaces.

Along with a bit of help from TfL's bike maps, I came up with this route as a possiblity, though those members of the group with more local knowledge may wish to suggest alterations...

Ignore the bits at the beginning and end (I put them in to allow for a worky piss-up and a hotel in Russel Square) - we'll meet at the southern end of Blackfriars Bridge 6.45pm for a 7pm roll-out, with an option to end up in Angel for a cheap veggie curry. Or beer. Or both.
:sad::sad:

Fancy joining us?:smile:

Radius

SHREDDER
C'mon you lot, you know you wanna. I should get the fixie crew on this as they all eat and drink loads, but I think I shall keep the forums separate....wouldn't want any fights :sad:

Tynan

Veteran
I fancies that

Count me in barring the boss's veto

spec a finish and beer at Angel

edit, boss has given the nod

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Long range forcasts for Wednesday look OK in London.
Cloudy and around 20% chance of rain.

Fingers crossed!:o)

Can't make this ride sorry. I don't like riding through Hyde Park and x ing the Serpentine Bridge - the roads are 'cobblers' there. (Alright if you have a 'clarty hack' or representation thereof :o))

At the Lancaster Gate exit the one way system sends you left, so hang a right at Lancaster Gate, bear left onto the roundabout taking the second exit into Sussex Gardens. The third set of lights is Edgware Road. Follow the road ahead and the second set of lights will be the junction with Marylebone Road. Inbound (going your way) traffic stops before the outbound stuff. Watch out!

Nice run along to Baker Street and a left after Tussauds into Regents Park, and tiny leg burner to the Inner Circle - lovely. (There is some sort of function on in the park at the mo')

The other bit is the traverse across HPC. After Constitution Hill, hit the traffic/cycle light crossings and do the spin through Wellington Arch, cycle crossing on the other side will see you into / out of Hyde Park. Not worth playing with the traffic around there if it can be helped.

Davywalnuts said:
Would love to but am off to the cinema to see Terminator 4!

I'll be back!

Go cycling Davy! Buy the film on DVD - then you can pause it at those 'walnut moments' and not miss the action...:smile:
You must sit at the end of the aisle, non? :becool:
Do they still sell Kia-Ora at the cinema, and those little squares of vanilla with a stubby cone? It's been a while since the Charge of the Light Brigade.

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
hahaha! I cant wait that long! I must go see!

Oh no, middle top row! You know us youngsters and the back rows.... the walnut break can wait, all due to knowing that I have a WC available in under 1 min if need be!

Kia-ora! lol! Nacho's now! Anything noisy bascially! It seems soo!! haha!

Back OT, good luck everyone who goes, but take the water proofs!

Top Bottom