London Parks Ride - Wednesday evening, June 17th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
tdr1nka said:
Still no big rain forecast for Wed except, erm... possible light rain around 9pm.:biggrin:

BBC is showing the rain belt parting before it gets to London so it could be a dry but cloudy day.

You Londoners have some funny definitions of "hill".;)

:angry: If you can roll down it, it's a hill. If you get above 20mph it's a mountain :smile:

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
Can't make it this week (my babe is working) late so I am Babber sitting, nor next week I will be working late, however if this is a regular thing then I will defo be along possibly the following week.

Maybe we could go bird watching in Richmond park, listen for the dusk chorus and share bling with all the "pro's" in that area!!
;)

redjedi

Über Member
Looks as if we may get lucky with the weather tonight.

I'm just trying to work out a route to Blackfriars bridge from work. I put the 2 points into Bikehike and got this route (after I had moved it off the A40)

www.bikehike.co.uk/mapview.php?id=10016

Is there a better way to get there. I haven't done much cycling in central London. Only ever done it in the early morning or late at night.

also is there somewhere to get a coffee near the bridge. I'll be going straight from work at 5.30 so I'll be there early, probably about 6.15pm.

I would get into Hyde Park Luke, and follow the bike route through the middle / perimeter road etc, it's a pleasant relaxing ride with some nice 'scenery' if the sun's out - don't sod about in Park Lane. When you arrive at the bottom of South Carriage Drive? Road? through the gate there and the FNRttC Arch is opposite you. All the ped. crossings have a bike 'lane' too so it will be safe enough to get into Constitution Hill etc...

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
5:30. Half day then? :biggrin:

Some of us need our beauty sleep. Unfortunately I still don't get enough :blush:

I would get into Hyde Park Luke, and follow the bike route through the middle / perimeter road etc, it's a pleasant relaxing ride with some nice 'scenery' if the sun's out - don't sod about in Park Lane. When you arrive at the bottom of South Carriage Drive? Road? through the gate there and the FNRttC Arch is opposite you. All the ped. crossings have a bike 'lane' too so it will be safe enough to get into Constitution Hill etc...

I thought about going through Hyde park, so now I shall.

Forcast is for clouds though, so the local wildlife will probably be taking shelter somewhere. :blush:

Tynan

Veteran
Landslide said:
Aye, still on. It's just that propeller wheels is off to play polo. And he hasn't even got a horse!:wacko:

I saw someone this morning at the lights at London Bridge heading North, white five spoked front wheel and a gold rear wheel, fixed, is that someone that posts on here? I dimly recall someone posting about th elast CM mentioning their bike was like that ...

redjedi

Über Member
If it look like this

fixie1web.jpg

Then it was Radius. No gold rear wheel unless he's pimped it.

Top Bottom