London Parks Ride - Wednesday evening, June 17th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
A rotten and thoroughly miserable end to what had been an otherwise fun evening.
I hope Doc & Redjedi are bearing up and didn't have too long a haul home.

A thousand curses upon those who stole the bikes and anyone who buys/rides them.:wacko:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
Really sorry to hear that chaps, :wacko::sad:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
tdr1nka said:
A rotten and thoroughly miserable end to what had been an otherwise fun evening.
I hope Doc & Redjedi are bearing up and didn't have too long a haul home.

A thousand curses upon those who stole the bikes and anyone who buys/rides them.:wacko:

A mile walk to Kings Cross and a lift back from the station. Not too bad.

Sharia law for bike thieves, I reckon. At the very least.:thumbsup:

Yes - the people that buy them are marginally the bigger bastards - by about 0.00001%. I thought about this all the way in this morning - I'm on alert looking out onto Kentish Town Road - particularly for redjedi's distinctive bike - bike is ready, shoes are open for a quick getaway...just in case. So disturbing - for everyone - no matter what bike.:blush:

Origamist

Legendary Member
That's rotten luck, guys. My sympathies.

I'd hardly ever lock up my Brompton - I'd always take it in the pub with me.

redjedi

Über Member
Well thanks to some kind souls on here and a work colleague I may be able to whip up a little something to get me by for my commutes, but I don't think I would want to do 120+ miles on it.

I can do the C2W scheme but I need to decide on a new bike and get the voucher ordered so would be cutting it fine for the Dun Run.
Not sure I can afford another Bianchi as to replace mine like for like would set me back over a grand:cry:
I got mine at a discount price because it had flat bars and was in team colours so didn't sell. With the upgrades to drop bars and campy shifters it cast me about £550-£600.
Although where I work we can spread the cost over 18 months.

Decisions decisions.

Will1985

Über Member
53 or 55?

Get a new bike - take your time. If you want to do the Dunwich Dynamo you can use my Look (with the triple and the Campagnolo) if it fits...and IF I decide I fancy doing it after the FNRttC and return jamboree, then I cna pootle along on my Veneto. Just a thought.(But don't lose it - there's a good chap :smile:)

redjedi

Über Member
Aperitif said:
Get a new bike - take your time. If you want to do the Dunwich Dynamo you can use my Look (with the triple and the Campagnolo) if it fits...and IF I decide I fancy doing it after the FNRttC and return jamboree, then I cna pootle along on my Veneto. Just a thought.(But don't lose it - there's a good chap :smile:)

That would be very kind of you. Your Look is a very nice (and expensive) bike though, what about your blue "commuter" or is that the Veneto?

But I wouldn't lose it, it would be chained to my person until it was back in your posession. I better not go for a swim :laugh:

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
Well - I guess the "What new bike" thread will be along shortly Redjedi :smile:
I know it's rotten luck :laugh: The C2W scheme will at least mean you can have a nice bike again pretty soon, for minimul outlay up-front!

Had a look on Today's Gumtree listings sniffing out the celeste beast but no sign of it!

SD

Tynan

Veteran
I'll need someone else to ride back with now ffs

two weeks to go redjedi, get bloody busy, with 18 months to pay, budget becomes less of an object, treat yourself

Top Bottom