London Parks Ride - Wednesday evening, June 17th

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Radius

SHREDDER
Argh just read the stolen bike news! Awful! Tempted to go up to Brick Lane on Sunday and see if it's selling there, although it might be a bit distinctive for that...
(and excuse my drunken message from the early hours :smile:)

redjedi said:
That would be very kind of you. Your Look is a very nice (and expensive) bike though, what about your blue "commuter" or is that the Veneto?

But I wouldn't lose it, it would be chained to my person until it was back in your posession. I better not go for a swim :sad:

Now why would I want to cock up adjust the bike I use every day, just so you can ride it with Marathon+ treacle treads on?
If it is flat to Dunwich then I might alternatively be able to sort you out my Colnago Super Plus to ride, but it has only got a 53 39 on the front. Maybe a bit 'small'...:biggrin: We'll sort something out I'm sure.
Anyway, I have just returned from a wander around Kentish Town and I can report no Bianchi in Cash Converters - but I did see "six youths, aged about 14 - 16, dressed in street 'rags', riding fair quality bikes, along the pavement - one of which had a Rolhoff hub..." Now I'm not making assumptions here but.

redjedi

Über Member
Will1985 said:
Ok. I was going to offer my 53 and for me to ride fixed, but that would be too small for you.

Thanks for he thought anyway, much appreciated.

Well - I guess the "What new bike" thread will be along shortly Redjedi :ohmy:
I know it's rotten luck :sad: The C2W scheme will at least mean you can have a nice bike again pretty soon, for minimul outlay up-front!

Had a look on Today's Gumtree listings sniffing out the celeste beast but no sign of it!

SD
;) I've been generally ignoring them recently **runs and starts giving advice to anyone who'll listen**

Now why would I want to cock up adjust the bike I use every day, just so you can ride it with Marathon+ treacle treads on?
If it is flat to Dunwich then I might alternatively be able to sort you out my Colnago Super Plus to ride, but it has only got a 53 39 on the front. Maybe a bit 'small'...:laugh: We'll sort something out I'm sure.
Anyway, I have just returned from a wander around Kentish Town and I can report no Bianchi in Cash Converters - but I did see "six youths, aged about 14 - 16, dressed in street 'rags', riding fair quality bikes, along the pavement - one of which had a Rolhoff hub..." Now I'm not making assumptions here but.
If your serious about lending me a bike, I'll happily take whatever's on offer :laugh:

I've emailed most of the Cashconverters in the London area, and I'm checking Gumtree, Loot and Ebay every couple of hours.

I won't be holding my breath though.

I might use the bike this Saturday night Sunday morning for an encounter with psyched up Druids and MacB - around about Stonedhenge. After that, I think I am taking holiday prior to the FNRttC (most important to cyc oneself up for that) -which may provide a window for 'bikefit'. Maybe I should ride it to the Coach and Horses and you give me a 'crossie' back home? ;)

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
S**T about the bikes what colour is the Brompton?

I spend a fair bit of time on e-bay so if any of them pop up on there will inform ye!!!

I've seen your bike Redjedi it's quite distinctive so will keep an eye open.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
djtheglove said:
S**T about the bikes what colour is the Brompton?

I spend a fair bit of time on e-bay so if any of them pop up on there will inform ye!!!

I've seen your bike Redjedi it's quite distinctive so will keep an eye open.

It's a black M6R - that's the 6-speed model with riser bars, rack and dynamo. It's also got a non-standard saddle on it.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
User3143 said:
Sad news about the bikes, I will keep a look out for anyone riding a Bianchi or Brompton, and then promptly flatten them with the truck that I'll be driving.

Lee, you've got better driving skills than that, you need to clip them off the bike, making sure it's undamaged, then you can reverse over them.

MacB

Lover of things that come in 3's
Tynan said:
and check that the rider is the thief and not a good faith buyer

yeah, right, the good faith buyer, coz there's a lot of genuine ones of those. If so many people didn't buy suspect stuff then the market wouldn't be there. It would be a shame if it was a genuine buyer but would still send the same warning message:evil:

Tynan

Veteran
I sold a scooter on ebay and plenty on here seem to buy and sell bikes on ebay

I appreciate that no-one is actually going to kill anyone but the person that sold it moves it on very rapidly i suspect and ditto the next person, the one riding it will be several links down the chain and if not exactly innocent, isn't going to worry too much where it came from, the seller will assure them that it's legit, that's a long was from being a thief, or even receiver of stolen goods

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I don't think there is any need for a debate on the morality of buying on e-bay it was a genuine offer to show sympathy and concern over the fact that two bikes where stolen, when on a ride when, everyone was meant to be enjoying themselves!!!

Tynan

Veteran
indeed not, wasn't me going serious, and I thank you to remember I was the last person to set it pre-steal, I'm sympathetic

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I went to Tescos on the Old Kent Road today and while I was locking my bike up a young guy with a nice bike was cursing as he'd forgotten his lock.
I could then see he was trying to wedge his bike among the others to make it look like it was locked to a stand.

On seeing this and remembering that empty, low & chilly feeling that came over us all when we saw TheDoctor & Redjedi's bikes had been stolen, I offered to lock his bike with mine. He jumped at the chance and after shopping we both sat chatting and had a drink and a snack before going our seperate ways.

Top Bottom