Manchester - Llandudno 2016 : Saturday April 23...for Harry, England and St George

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Its a new one on me unfortunately! I'm gonna leave it a few days and see how it goes. Agony inside knee and along front of shin but only in certain positions. Full range of movement and no seizing up or swelling. It's only stairs and cycling that leave me unable to talk in anything other than expletives!
OK. I know an excellent sports therapist in Liverpool who is a cyclist and an occasional soigneur for the Wiggins team. He also works with the British climbing team. PM me if you need his details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
OK. I know an excellent sports therapist in Liverpool who is a cyclist and an occasional soigneur for the Wiggins team. He also works with the British climbing team. PM me if you need his details.
Was he the bloke that fixed your knee that's still borked?

Was he the bloke that fixed your knee that's still borked?
No! I am about to see him for the first time. I tried the cheap NHS route but both sons use him as does Mrs C. They did become rather frustrated with my insistence that I had things in hand but I give up now, as I clearly don't. The Flintshire hills did for me. Clearly Wirral hills are not as evil. Funnily enough I saw my NHS physio in the park yesterday. I resisted telling her my knee was still borked and she was useless.

doughnut

Veteran
My legs were feeling a bit weak early in April, so I bought a new set for the Llandudno ride. Probably got the old legs lying around somewhere - you can have those if you want. No charge.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
this was my first long ride. And my knee was hurting a fair bit the following day. Sorted now though it just went so nothing too serious for me. Hope ya knee is better soon @mythste. Im gonna try start working on my hill climbs as if I'm ever going to llandudno again i want to do better :tongue:

I thought you did great on the hilly section. You'd already done about 30 miles before you even got there and you never quit or appeared fed up despite the hills and the headwind. Don't forget that everyone you were with had plenty of hill climbing experience already

If you really want to get a bit faster at climbing up the hills the area W of Weaverham isn't bad for practicing

mythste

Veteran
I thought you did great on the hilly section. You'd already done about 30 miles before you even got there and you never quit or appeared fed up despite the hills and the headwind. Don't forget that everyone you were with had plenty of hill climbing experience already

If you really want to get a bit faster at climbing up the hills the area W of Weaverham isn't bad for practicing

+1

Rule 5 is the hard part and you've got that cracked. Legs will come!

Top Bottom