Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Thanks. I have looked at prices today and a single from Llandudno junction to Crewe is £26.20 and then SWMBO will collect me from Crewe as getting back to Macclesfield is a pain.

The question is will it come down in price when advanced fares are released or do I take Freddie's advice and "Book Early"

Looking at a booking website it look like they will release Advance tickets for Apri 25/26, they do for all the other earlier weekends (don't know if you're stopping over or not). They seem to be £10.00.

If I were you I'd hold off booking, wait for the Advance tickets to become available (which should be weekend after next I think) and then snaffle one and try to get a bike space booked. Worst comes to the worst, you're relying on Arriva letting you on without a prebooked bike space. As I've previously mentioned, the one time I've done this journey they had no problem with this. You might have to stand with your bike in the space between carriages but it's not too far to Crewe

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Isn't there a wall outside that we can sit on and eat the fish and chips out of a paper?

Yes and outside chairs and tables. Great to watch the cable trams as well

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
So I decided to ring Arriva to check exactly what their policy was regarding booking bike spaces.

Bike Spaces are bookable 12 weeks before the day of travel. This should tie in with the release of the Advance cheaper tickets

Freds Dad

Veteran
So I decided to ring Arriva to check exactly what their policy was regarding booking bike spaces.

Bike Spaces are bookable 12 weeks before the day of travel. This should tie in with the release of the Advance cheaper tickets

Top man. Thank you. Is there a limit on the number of bikes they allow?

pubrunner

Legendary Member
Re Travelodge, my booking is for a double room if any females need somewhere to sleep on the Saturday night.

Have you met (Ms) Rich P ? Still looking for a room, I believe. :smile:

Mandy01a_zps10a44300.jpg

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Top man. Thank you. Is there a limit on the number of bikes they allow?

They have two bookable spaces per train. Once they're booked you either have to book another train or turn up and hope the train manager will use his discretion in letting you on with a bike.

Certainly when I rode this train there were at least 8-10 bikes onboard

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
The Tyne ferry at South Shields has a bike number restriction, which is also variably enforced.

The captain told me he doesn't want too much hardware knocking around the passenger deck because it could get in the way should the ruddy thing sink and a swift evacuation is needed.

I can see blocking train corridors with loads of bikes would be equally undesirable in the event of a crash.

So while it's tempting to want to break the rules to a degree, they are there for a reason.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Re Travelodge, my booking is for a double room if any females need somewhere to sleep on the Saturday night.
I said that and got some right stick, Wanda!^_^

Top Bottom