Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
OK. I know where that is.

So do I, I went to college there, eons ago.

Have you lived long in Sale ? I lived in Brooklands, near the Tennis Club (& Sale Rugby Club) and went to the Boy's Grammar on Moss Lane. At the time, the 'in' pub was The Little 'B' - I spent many a happy hour in there. :cheers: I never got to drink in The Big 'B', as it was demolished before I was old enough to drink, I remember the building though.

Leaway2

Lycrist
So do I, I went to college there, eons ago.

Have you lived long in Sale ? I lived in Brooklands, near the Tennis Club (& Sale Rugby Club) and went to the Boy's Grammar on Moss Lane. At the time, the 'in' pub was The Little 'B' - I spent many a happy hour in there. :cheers: I never got to drink in The Big 'B', as it was demolished before I was old enough to drink, I remember the building though.
I moved to Sale Moor about 18 years ago, then to Broadheath (after 2 year break in Wythenshawe). I live on what is known a the "Wimpey estate" behind(ish) the college

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I moved to Sale Moor about 18 years ago, then to Broadheath (after 2 year break in Wythenshawe). I live on what is known a the "Wimpey estate" behind(ish) the college

I don't know the estate behind the college, but I know Sale Moor; there used to be a good 'old-fashioned' pub called the Legh Arms - probably gentrified or demolished. It was a bit of an 'old man's pub' - full of people like @rich p & @User :whistle:

I sometimes went in the Sale Hotel, up Marsland Road on the left.

I certainly know plenty of pubs in Timperley - my first legal drink was in The Pelican, if it's still there ?

For the fixed gear hill climb, I would nominate @des.o
Whilst I respect your choice, I will nominate @dr_pink, completely unrealistic I know, a mere slip of a woman riding an old battered heavy pink bike against a fit looking chap [and he's wearing a cap so extra kudos there], not a hope for her. I don't suppose anyone is running a book on this by any chance :whistle:.

Reactions: 4F
OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
TF, there's a couple of lovely pics if you scroll up.
Points to note:-
Steep
Train tracks
Goats

For a normal person I think it's just too steep for fixed. It's 1km average 13% (flattens out a lot after that) but according to local expert @Ootini it maxes at 27% on one bend. Hence the comp is furthest up the hill without stopping. Redeemable gift certificate at the Chippy is the prize

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Just a slight possibility at the moment. What is the steepest % on Gt Orme?

I'll stick you on the "expressions of interest" list on post#1. I'll use that list nearer the date to PM information to participants to make sure everyone gets everything re start times, meet up point, contact info on the day etc etc. It's not a commitment so you can always drop out for whatever reason

pubrunner

Legendary Member
. . . So with 4-5 expressions of interest it is debatable whether there would be enough to make it worthwhile to organise . . .

Look at what Nicky said back in November ^^^. ^_^ . . . how wrong he was !

And the current total on the list is ? :whistle:

Top Bottom