Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BRounsley

Über Member
Hence me finding you on Strava. I've seen your times......you're definitely at the front if we get a headwind

I hoped that was you and not the local bike thief!

Due to the “heavy rain” forecast there’ll be too much spray to bother drafting!

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
I can't actually divulge my identity for reasons of national security. In fact, I'm sending some odd looking unfit guy in my place.

Not like your avatar then.

But hills have a down side (or should that be an up side) where you can free wheel for ten minutes, where as the flat has no rest bite, its non stop peddling.

In my experience (granted it is limited) the Prestatyn/Rhyl seafront has, depending on wind direction, a definite free wheel option.

Not like your avatar then.

In my experience (granted it is limited) the Prestatyn/Rhyl seafront has, depending on wind direction, a definite free wheel option.
I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one due to family commitments. I hope you have good weather and a great ride.

pubrunner

Legendary Member
You rode up devils staircase and did the Welsh 100 miler with Guinness in your water bottle and ancient drag inducing shorts. No one actually believes what you say any more.

Yebbut, that was eons ago !

I didn't think the Staircase was too bad - yes, it was pretty steep, but it wasn't too long. What I did find difficult, were the flat sections of the Welsh 100 miler - there I was, happily doing about 16mph, when the likes of Lukesdad, @robjh @Banjo and @rich p just took off, like men possessed. Very quickly, they were out of sight . . . I just couldn't spin any faster . . . the feckers :okay: - they were aware that we were close to the pub. Same thing happened on the Llanwrtyd Wells ride, the other riders caught the scent of the pub from five miles out - I ended up going the wrong way and missing valuable pub time.

There's nowt wrong with Guinness on a long ride - surely, I can't be the only one who gets bored with sickly, sweet energy drinks ?

You'll be pleased to know, I'll be wearing my baggy MTB shorts ^_^

Last edited:

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Sorry chaps, i'm not coming :cry: My good lady is working and I have four mini-me's to look after.........unless someone wants them for the day :whistle: They are house trained but will require feeding and they will ask for two of the one thing you offer them !

pubrunner

Legendary Member
I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one due to family commitments. I hope you have good weather and a great ride.

Sorry chaps, i'm not coming :cry: My good lady is working and I have four mini-me's to look after.........unless someone wants them for the day :whistle: They are house trained but will require feeding and they will ask for two of the one thing you offer them !

Sorry to hear you fellas can't make it; if it goes well and he's so inclined, perhaps @nickyboy will organise a similar event.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Sorry to hear you fellas can't make it; if it goes well and he's so inclined, perhaps @nickyboy will organise a similar event.

Let's see how this one goes. It's my first ever organised ride so I'm sure I will have made some mistakes. If it's rubbish then no doubt I'll get thrown off Llandudno pier, never to be seen again. If it goes well and there seems to be an appetite for another "Big Northern City we can get to by Train, to the Seaside Somewhere" ride then I will organise it, work permitting.

TBH, I'm a bit naffed off with the weather forecast. It is unbelievably perfect right now for the ride but we look set for sunshine, showers and a bit of a headwind on the day

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
April Showers, they are to be expected, as it is in fact still April, hopefully it will be more sun than showers, but at least its not forecasting Snow.

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Does this affect our route
Post by JPBoothy in the Chat Cafe

I have just cycled to work down the Chester - Deeside Greenway (NCN 5) and could not believe my eyes when I spotted about 10 Gypsy Caravans parked end to end along the cycle path. No doubt more will appear as the word gets around their community. The rubbish is already starting to gather along the grass verge. As soon as I got to work I called the Cheshire Police to make sure that they were aware, and they told me that the North Wales Police are currently dealing with the situation. The cheeky buggers have gained access by lifting the pad-locked gate from its hinges at the Saughall entrance. Surprised that they haven't weighed it in for scrap yet. Please be careful if you have to cycle that route as there are kids and dogs running all over the cycle path

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Does this affect our route
Post by JPBoothy in the Chat Cafe

I have just cycled to work down the Chester - Deeside Greenway (NCN 5) and could not believe my eyes when I spotted about 10 Gypsy Caravans parked end to end along the cycle path. No doubt more will appear as the word gets around their community. The rubbish is already starting to gather along the grass verge. As soon as I got to work I called the Cheshire Police to make sure that they were aware, and they told me that the North Wales Police are currently dealing with the situation. The cheeky buggers have gained access by lifting the pad-locked gate from its hinges at the Saughall entrance. Surprised that they haven't weighed it in for scrap yet. Please be careful if you have to cycle that route as there are kids and dogs running all over the cycle path

No. That's the bit from Chester to Connah's Quay. We get to Connah's Quay from Eureka Café a completely different way. Our route is all primroses, bluebell woods and shady oaks

Top Bottom