Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ootini

Another point, for those staying over night, I've probably got room for about 4 or 5 bikes under the house, possibly squeeze 2 or 3 more in to a locked garage. I can get shed loads more in to a locked car port, but obviously this isn't as secure as the other two locations. First come first served if you think you'll struggle getting the hotels / b&b's to take them.

I should also point out that I don't think the household insurance will cover so many bikes so assume they'd be "uninsured" over night. Just covering myself.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Is there a link to the ridewithgps map so I can copy it onto a road atlas page? I don't do all that garmin stuff. <edit> I've found it.
p.s.Getting my excuses in first, I have been turf laying this week and my legs are shot to pieces. It doesn't matter except imagine the humiliation of being overtaken by @pubrunner :whistle:

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My wifes luggage pickup from Piccadilly is still going ahead. We're planning on arriving at Piccadilly short stay car park just after 8:30am. I'm pretty sure that you can stay there free for 20 mins, so anyone who wants to can sling their bag in the back of the car. Its a red Vauxhall Astra estate(GV61FWZ) - I will have my bike leaning up against the boot until around 8:50. The car park is on Fairfield Street, and there are lifts there to get you directly into Piccadilly station and just a couple of hundred yards to the ride meeting point.

Might be worth sticking your mobile number on your bag. PM me and I will know to expect your bag and hang around as long as possible. I'll give you my mobile number as well, so I can tell you now much I got for your stuff on ebay.:laugh: Hopefully, my wife will find a car park very close to the fish and chip shop in Llandudno and you can collect them from there.

My wife hasn't decided yet, but she wants to go for a run and most likely places are Marbury Country Park or along the prom at Llandudno. Good chance she will also meet us at Eureka and if so she can take bags there as well. If she goes for the Marbury/Eureka plan, then she will probably be close enough to the cyclists (at least for the first part) to help if there are any serious mechanical problems ( I can text her my GPS position from my phone, and I have until Saturday to teach her what to do with that text message^_^)

The car park loop off Fairfield Street is where the taxis go, but it is also open to the public for picking up and dropping off.

@doughnut and Mrs D will be fine there for 20 mins or so.

Easy enough to go either up the main road a few yards to the ride meet point, or through the station.

Going through the station has the benefit of taking you past a small Tesco - or it might be a Sainsburys - for last minute munchies.

BRounsley

Über Member
My wifes luggage pickup from Piccadilly is still going ahead. We're planning on arriving at Piccadilly short stay car park just after 8:30am. I'm pretty sure that you can stay there free for 20 mins, so anyone who wants to can sling their bag in the back of the car. Its a red Vauxhall Astra estate(GV61FWZ) - I will have my bike leaning up against the boot until around 8:50. The car park is on Fairfield Street, and there are lifts there to get you directly into Piccadilly station and just a couple of hundred yards to the ride meeting point.

Might be worth sticking your mobile number on your bag. PM me and I will know to expect your bag and hang around as long as possible. I'll give you my mobile number as well, so I can tell you now much I got for your stuff on ebay.:laugh: Hopefully, my wife will find a car park very close to the fish and chip shop in Llandudno and you can collect them from there.

My wife hasn't decided yet, but she wants to go for a run and most likely places are Marbury Country Park or along the prom at Llandudno. Good chance she will also meet us at Eureka and if so she can take bags there as well. If she goes for the Marbury/Eureka plan, then she will probably be close enough to the cyclists (at least for the first part) to help if there are any serious mechanical problems ( I can text her my GPS position from my phone, and I have until Saturday to teach her what to do with that text message^_^)

I'll aim for 8:30, it's only 15 minutes from my house.

I think we’re staying in the same hotel. Premier Inn Llandudno North (Little Orme)

Do you know if your wife is checking in when she gets to Llandudno? If yes, is it possible she could leave my bag at reception when she checks in?

My current thinking is to cycle straight the hotel, a quick shower and then the bus to the chippy .

Also be careful around the station as the last time I cycled Fairfield St I got wiped out by a car!!!

doughnut

Veteran
I'll aim for 8:30, it's only 15 minutes from my house.

I think we’re staying in the same hotel. Premier Inn Llandudno North (Little Orme)

Do you know if your wife is checking in when she gets to Llandudno? If yes, is it possible she could leave my bag at reception when she checks in?

My current thinking is to cycle straight the hotel, a quick shower and then the bus to the chippy .

Also be careful around the station as the last time I cycled Fairfield St I got wiped out by a car!!!
I'll have a word with her tonight - dropping your bag off at the hotel should be ok, she will no doubt get there before us and check in herself.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
How to get to @doughnut 's car if you're arriving by train

1) When you leave the platform look for the signs for Taxis
2) This will take you down an escalator/stairs in the covered station close to the platforms
3) Second escalator brings you out at the short stay/taxi area

After you have dropped off your bags you need to retrace your steps back to the main level of the station. Then you need to exit by the main doors at the front of the station which is where we will all meet. Do not try to cycle on the road to the station main entrance after you have dropped off your bag as you will have to follow a one-way system. Just retrace your steps

pubrunner

Legendary Member
p.s.Getting my excuses in first, I have been turf laying this week and my legs are shot to pieces. It doesn't matter except imagine the humiliation of being overtaken by @pubrunner :whistle:

Ha ha ! Most things only exist in my imagination nowadays. The only overtaking I'll be doing, is on my way to the bar :cheers:

mike3121

the weather is looking a lot better ^_^

just one question on the time at Eureka, is 13.40 the arrival or departure time?
I ask this as it is 47 miles from there to the end, I would be disappointed if I only done 47 miles and not 50 so planning on a little 3 mile ride before we leave there.

OP
OP
nickyboy

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
the weather is looking a lot better ^_^

just one question on the time at Eureka, is 13.40 the arrival or departure time?
I ask this as it is 47 miles from there to the end, I would be disappointed if I only done 47 miles and not 50 so planning on a little 3 mile ride before we leave there.

Planned arrival at Eureka is 1340. We've got 52 miles from Piccadilly, leaving at 0900 so 12mph with a short stop at Marbury CP = 1340 .... hopefully

Weather forecast looks dry with a max of about 15 degrees. Headwind but it's <10mph so not too strong

Oh I'm glad you posted that. I had 12.40 in my head for Eureka. I have form in this area, once booking a day off to go see the ToB, doing extra miles, then sitting in the office the day before and realizing the Tour was going past at that moment and I'd booked the wrong day. They nearly called the people in white coats when they couldn't stop me butting the desk. Saturday, right?

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Oh I'm glad you posted that. I had 12.40 in my head for Eureka. I have form in this area, once booking a day off to go see the ToB, doing extra miles, then sitting in the office the day before and realizing the Tour was going past at that moment and I'd booked the wrong day. They nearly called the people in white coats when they couldn't stop me butting the desk. Saturday, right?
Saturday week, Crax.
HTH

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Is there anyone with local Llandudno knowledge on parking
I am going to drive down tomorrow and drop the car off in Llandudno as I can tie in visiting a couple of customers on route, and then get the train back, so after Saturdays ride I can just throw the bike in the back of the car and shoot off (after food etc).
I have been looking on line and it looks like you can leave the car over nights on the car parks, but over night is till 9am in the morning and then you have to re new the ticket, and as we will not be there until after tea that's not a good option, so I am thinking of leaving it on the Parade near the paddling pool, or on Abbey Rd as both don't seem to have parking restrictions.
Are these good or bad options, bearing in mind I need to be close enough to the Train station to be able to walk to in 15-20mins or so.

Ootini

TBH I'm not 100% sure about leaving cars for any extended period. You're best bet would be just park up on a residential road and walk to the station. I'll PM you a couple of roads near by that have no parking restrictions.

Top Bottom