Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mike3121

Very enjoyable ride today, ignoring the wind and rain
A big thanks to Nick for organising this
And a big thanks to the other guys I was riding with (sorry im rubbish with names) for all the help and encouragement to get me to the end, even if I did fall off with about 6 feet to go! I wouldn't of made it without your help.

Wobblers

Euthermic
Back home. Almost warmed up,finally! Tired now...

Right. Collar bone broken one end and detached from sternum the other. Bruise/contusion the size of Halifax on my right hip. Lots of pain and lots of analgesics big bruise on head/face, some skin gone.

A&E thought would be treated with a sling, but spoke with orthopedic in last half hour who says it needs plating. Op tomorrow morning. Just being spoiled in a ward with four nurses, eight beds and just one patient....me!

Anything you need? You're just round the corner.

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
That was fun. Big thanks to Nick for organising and for pointing us in the right direction after the lack of working GPSs came to light.;)

Nice to put a few faces to names :hello:. Sorry I didn't go round everyone though - not too good at putting myself forward.:shy:

GWS @Cubist. It sounds like a nasty off so I'm glad you're being looked after.:okay:

Edit: My ride report, complete with photos is over in "Your ride today"

Last edited:

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
Well that was one to remember, great route, not so great weather, i think its the only ride i have been on where i got sun burn on the top of my baldy napper and soaked through all within the same hour
Had a long chat with @BRounsley who dragged me along the last 25 miles or so before i finally gave up and pottered along to the finish.
Great route Nick , that "little" hill up the "welcome to Landudno" was a real lung stretcher, and at that point it all came flooding back the total lack of any training rides before tackling this 100 miler.
I wondered why i was so cold sat outside the pub eating my fish and chips, at that point i was not sure if it was my hand shaking so much or the fish was still alive, the answer became apparent when i got back to the car for the temperature on the dash to announced a full 3 degrees, and it was around Chester that i noticed i was not actually shaking inside any more, and was fully warmed up with the car heater on full belt.
I am not sure the new name of Pete the egg announced by @Tail End Charlie is what i will change to, as most would just think it was because of my egg shaped baldy head, rather than my dinner time eating choice.
Great to see so many faces, although having the memory capacity of less than a 1980's floppy disk , i was still tying to put names to faces even at the end.

Same again next year ? , but less of the A548, and nip over Snowdon instead.

Last edited:

Twinks

Über Member
Good luck @Cubist and GWS. Just caught up on this ride, was disappointed not to be able to join you due to family stuff but given the weather don't feel quite as bad. A real shame after the perfect weather the previous week. Huge admiration for all of you.

Very enjoyable ride today, ignoring the wind and rain
A big thanks to Nick for organising this
And a big thanks to the other guys I was riding with (sorry im rubbish with names) for all the help and encouragement to get me to the end, even if I did fall off with about 6 feet to go! I wouldn't of made it without your help.
I forgot to ask, when you had your 'moment' outside the chippy, whether you rather nice new bike was unscathed?

DiddlyDodds

Random Resident
At home having a cup of coffee. Sky is dark and it is raining so true to my word, no cycling for me today but instead, will drive to the bike hut in Rhyl at 4.30 to meet those brave guys that nothing deters . Keep it going lads!:notworthy: and see you there.

Nice to see you down at the Rhyl cafe, pity it was shut, but thanks for the lead through to get back to the front without doing some beach walking.

Top Bottom