Manchester - Llandudno 25 April 2015 featuring the Inaugural Hill Climb Sausage Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Right. Collar bone broken one end and detached from sternum the other. Bruise/contusion the size of Halifax on my right hip. Lots of pain and lots of analgesics big bruise on head/face, some skin gone.

A&E thought would be treated with a sling, but spoke with orthopedic in last half hour who says it needs plating. Op tomorrow morning. Just being spoiled in a ward with four nurses, eight beds and just one patient....me!

Ten out of ten for your stoical attitude - I would be feeling a lot sorrier for myself.

Where did you come off?

I didn't pick up any major route hazards when on the recce with Nick.

toeknee

Über Member
Bloody hell cubist hope you get well soon and everything goes ok, which hospital are you getting spoilt in.

Origamist

Legendary Member
Right. Collar bone broken one end and detached from sternum the other. Bruise/contusion the size of Halifax on my right hip. Lots of pain and lots of analgesics big bruise on head/face, some skin gone.

A&E thought would be treated with a sling, but spoke with orthopedic in last half hour who says it needs plating. Op tomorrow morning. Just being spoiled in a ward with four nurses, eight beds and just one patient....me!

Bugger. Cheshire's crappy roads have a lot to answer for...

Good luck with the op tomorrow.

Matt

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!

Bloody hell. Dangerous these road bikes you know. Stick to the MTB. Hope you get sorted - I assume hospital not near home ?

potsy

Rambler
Get well soon cubist, my money would have been on skolly to break a bone or two and not you :okay:

Had a nice day out on the bike today - thanks all. Shame about the weather but you win some and you lose some! .I bailed at Rhyl due to a text about some family trauma but it turned out not to be too bad after all. Got on the train with @Origamist and we had a most pleasant chat. Nice fella. Bad news about @Cubist. Does having a # clavicle make you a 'proper' cyclist I wonder? Anyway, nice to see some familiar faces and also put faces to some forum names. Thanks for organising @nickyboy.

Top Bottom