England : Greater Manchester Manchester-Sheffield on the snake, 9th June 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
I may not have the summer written off. Things have improved greatly last couple of weeks. Did pay for it on a 55 mile club ride afterwards. No date for an operation but I may just decline it now. Things are getting much better. So put me in as a fairly sure.

We set off about 9 ish from Mottram then over to Sheffield. Dan has a good nose for a good cafe. Last time we fohnd one in a park. Then its off up and over dropping into Hathersage before the Snake again. Its a good 6 hours out of the home. Expect to be back this side from 3pm so arrange the pass outs.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'm glad to see this thread, dan_bo. I was talking to someone about forum rides and it suddenly struck me that there has been a big drop-off in the number of them in this area. It is looking likely that it will be at least the autumn or maybe even a year's time before I do anything serious on a bike again so it is good to see you organising this. Have fun!

PS I have organised a walk to Stoodley Pike for this Saturday. If anybody fancies joining us, you'd be welcome! :hello:

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm glad to see this thread, dan_bo. I was talking to someone about forum rides and it suddenly struck me that there has been a big drop-off in the number of them in this area. It is looking likely that it will be at least the autumn or maybe even a year's time before I do anything serious on a bike again so it is good to see you organising this. Have fun!

PS I have organised a walk to Stoodley Pike for this Saturday. If anybody fancies joining us, you'd be welcome! :hello:

I was thinking the same myself!

I'd be up for your walk Col, but i'm in Austria instead come thursday, soz!

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I'd be up for your walk Col, but i'm in Austria instead come thursday, soz!
Ooh, that sounds good - enjoy your holiday!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Apparently not.

26th May?
2nd June?
9th June?

Well, I got a quick answer.........

....... Either date, but not both!

I can't do the 2nd June due to work. My personal preference would be to avoid the Bank Holiday weekend of the 26th May because it'll be really busy and the weather will be sh1te! I suggest 9th June as my first choice, what says ye?

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

Well, I got a quick answer.........

....... Either date, but not both!

I can't do the 2nd June due to work. My personal preference would be to avoid the Bank Holiday weekend of the 26th May because it'll be really busy and the weather will be sh1te! I suggest 9th June as my first choice, what says ye?

Spot on reasoning there young feller m'lad.

9th June! MODS! CHANGE TITLE PLEASE! 9th June manchester-sheffield snake run!

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

Ill keep an eye on this might be up for it what's the total mileage

From mottram-sheffield-mottram (motty's where we'll be meeting some) is approx. 75 miles round. The return leg is the tough bit- five mile climb out of Sheffield with a belly full of cake and then the loooong drag up from ladybower with that arsey steep bit towards the end of the climb when you're already knacked. Unless you're fossy or crimmey, in which case you'll be at it like a dog with a hot pie.

It's an ace roll out.

EDIT: where is @crimmey? I haven't seen him for donkeys!

Top Bottom