England : Greater Manchester Manchester-Sheffield on the snake, 9th June 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chernij

Sorry I couldn't quite make sense of all the posts. I live in South Manchester, could possibly join? How long is the ride (mileage)?

chernij

Depending on the route Mottram-Sheffield-Mottram is 55-60 miles. Two decent hills out to Sheffield and then two back again
Hmm... doubt I'll be able to do that. Still training up, think about 100 miles for me (including getting to Mottram) is a bit too much for me at this stage. Maybe in future.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Sorry I couldn't quite make sense of all the posts.
:laugh:

Hmm... doubt I'll be able to do that. Still training up, think about 100 miles for me (including getting to Mottram) is a bit too much for me at this stage. Maybe in future.
Watch out for other, flatter rides with this bunch of riders. There is usually an annual trip from Stockport to Jodderel Bank which might be more your cup of tea.

Don't be worried by the crazy, mixed up ramblings. They're a great bunch really.

chernij

:laugh:
Watch out for other, flatter rides with this bunch of riders. There is usually an annual trip from Stockport to Jodderel Bank which might be more your cup of tea.
Don't be worried by the crazy, mixed up ramblings. They're a great bunch really.
I'll definitely be keeping an eye out! I haven't cycled with others before so it'll be nice to!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I this still going to happen coz it's been a bit quiet on the banter front. I've invited a friend/neighbour who has been doing some mega cycling this year, a LEJOG and a coast to coast. I've been out today doing some climbing in the heat to get ready and the schlurp of rubber on hot tarmac was intoxicating :wahhey:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
My personal preference would be to avoid the Bank Holiday weekend of the 26th May because it'll be really busy and the weather will be sh1te!
Well ain't that a funny turn of events? A hot dry Bank Holiday weekend!

sdr gb

Falling apart
Sorry Dan, not going to be able to make this due to family duties :sad:. As my parents don't drive, I'm having to drive them over to Lymm for a family get together to celebrate an aunts 90th birthday.

Top Bottom