England : Greater Manchester Manchester-Sheffield on the snake, 9th June 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Due to son's cricket match in the afternoon I can't do all the ride but I would be happy to do as much as possible, then turn back and ride back to Glossop on my own. Weather will be too nice to stay in bed.
Which route are you taking from Mottram? I will meet you in Glossop somewhere depending on whether you go via Glossop Caravans or via Broadbottom

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Due to son's cricket match in the afternoon I can't do all the ride but I would be happy to do as much as possible, then turn back and ride back to Glossop on my own. Weather will be too nice to stay in bed.
Which route are you taking from Mottram? I will meet you in Glossop somewhere depending on whether you go via Glossop Caravans or via Broadbottom

Usually do the main road (past the caravans) then up and over.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I might be the same as Nickyboy and do some and head back early, as my wife has told me she is working and I need to take the boy to a, "yes you've guessed it" cricket match in the afternoon. :blush:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Well Dan_bo, this scran we are stopping for in Sheffield, is it an intimate little place with candles on the table? Coz at this rate it will just be you and me. I'll have a shave and change my underwear all special like!:thumbsup:

potsy

Rambler
Well Dan_bo, this scran we are stopping for in Sheffield, is it an intimate little place with candles on the table? Coz at this rate it will just be you and me. I'll have a shave and change my underwear all special like!:thumbsup:
I'm yet to hear of Dan finishing a forum ride so it might be just a table for 1 :tongue:

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?

Ha. it's the Endcliffe park cafe in....Endcliffe park. Probably served by my mate Wavey Davey Gravy. Does a good line. In Flapjack.

I'll bring me French Maid's Spandex. Or shall I just do it in me Mankini?

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm really desperately looking forward to this. I can picture it now, the heat haze shimmering above the tarmac, the gentle cooling breeze blowing off the moors to take the sting out of the hot sun, the schlurp of rubber rolling over hot sticky tar, the single tight layer of lycra and the camaraderie of a great ride with my weirdo internet buddies:eek:!

Hmmm one or two cans of skol to many I think lol

Your missus dropped a rohypnol in your beer? This is NW england y'know....

Oh how you all laughed and scoffed when I posted this but who's laughing now? I don't think it will be a fast run, due to the heat :heat:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Oh how you all laughed and scoffed when I posted this but who's laughing now? I don't think it will be a fast run, due to the heat :heat:

Strategy is to tuck in behind Skol (if I can keep up, I remember Holme Moss on Jan 1) and keep out of the headwind to Hathersage. Then double back and get Hacienda to give me a tow all the way back to Glossop. I'll take my turn on the downhills, the only bits I'm good at ^_^

Top Bottom