England : Greater Manchester Manchester-Sheffield on the snake, 9th June 2013

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
......... The return leg is the tough bit- five mile climb out of Sheffield with a belly full of cake and then the loooong drag up from ladybower with that arsey steep bit towards the end of the climb when you're already knacked...............donkeys!

You're doing a great job of selling this ride! :stop:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
I'm really desperately looking forward to this. I can picture it now, the heat haze shimmering above the tarmac, the gentle cooling breeze blowing off the moors to take the sting out of the hot sun, the schlurp of rubber rolling over hot sticky tar, the single tight layer of lycra and the camaraderie of a great ride with my weirdo internet buddies:eek:!

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
I'm really desperately looking forward to this. I can picture it now, the heat haze shimmering above the tarmac, the gentle cooling breeze blowing off the moors to take the sting out of the hot sun, the schlurp of rubber rolling over hot sticky tar, the single tight layer of lycra and the camaraderie of a great ride with my weirdo internet buddies:eek:!

Your missus dropped a rohypnol in your beer? This is NW england y'know....

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

Oo eck we've got our own posh header. Who's playing out then?

Count me in for this one, Dan Bo.

The only slight reservation I have is that 9th June is the day after I'm at a wedding and I will need a lot of self discipline to ensure I'm not too hungover.

Is the start and finish in Mottram? I'll need to refresh my knowledge of how to get there (I live in Littleborough) but can bring bike in the car. Whereabouts in Mottram will we meet?

' I like Skol' - like you I will be immensely looking forward to this one. There's a sort of magic about crossing the Pennines from Manchester to Sheffield. are you doing 'Spring in to the Dales' this coming Sunday? I'm planning to. will be good to see you again

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
' I like Skol' - like you I will be immensely looking forward to this one. There's a sort of magic about crossing the Pennines from Manchester to Sheffield. are you doing 'Spring in to the Dales' this coming Sunday? I'm planning to. will be good to see you again
'fraid not. Still tied to my house due to a massive building project but the end is in sight, builders should be off site in the next 7-10 days. That just leaves me with acres of decorating to do.

Mrs Skol is doing her best to throw a spanner in the works by double booking a spa weekend but I am being firm, I asked and she said yes. It's hardly my fault she forgot about her spa trip and besides, the date was picked with my guidance :whistle:

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
Count me in for this one, Dan Bo.

The only slight reservation I have is that 9th June is the day after I'm at a wedding and I will need a lot of self discipline to ensure I'm not too hungover.

Is the start and finish in Mottram? I'll need to refresh my knowledge of how to get there (I live in Littleborough) but can bring bike in the car. Whereabouts in Mottram will we meet?

I'm in

Re Littleborough to Mottram you would go via Uppermill, Mossley, Stalybridge. Then the road south out of Stalybridge takes you directly to the lights in Mottram which is presumably where we would meet but leave that up to organiser to decide.

OP
OP
dan_bo

dan_bo

Right then 8.20 meet at the Lowry statue

preview-162int00092.jpg

In Mottram for an 8.30 kickoff.

So far ve haff:

Me
Foss
Hac