England : Greater Manchester Manchester Track June/July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
OK Ladies.
I'm back from the badlands of Northumberland and this very second I am getting ready for tomorrow pm.

Just to re-iterate.
Manchester Velodrome. 3pm to 5pm Sunday 10th June.
You can find it here: http://www.nationalcyclingcentre.com/p/how-to-find-us If you aren't sure where it is.

Bike hire is £10.50
Shoe hire is £4.50
Track hire is £262 (up a tenner) which will be split between all who attend.
You will need a helmet.
A drink or two is recommended but water is available trackside.

Best to get there with at least 30 mins to spare because by the time you pay at the desk for the bike and shoes, get changed, find your way around, collect your bike, make yourself known etc etc the spare 30 mins will disappear fast.

I'll be on and off Cyclechat this evening so any last min questions just post here and I'll see it.

See you all tomorrow. :thumbsup:

Sweet, what are numbers looking like?

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
12 definites and a strong possibility that Crimmy (cyclechat) might come along to show us all up.

Danbo might turn up with a body or two in tow as well.

So whatever, I think we'll be ok

Edwards80

Über Member
1st - Thanks to Colly for organising the session :biggrin:

Massive fun - Something I will definitely be doing again soon (going to call tomorrow to book a "taster" to start the accreditation process :biggrin: )

It took about 5 laps to get confident but after that it was easy to get up to the top of the banking that you were looking at and saying "Bloomin heck, it's vertical!" a few minutes before!

My Mrs said the lighting made it difficult to take photo's but I think she did pretty well! Full set here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/smeracing/sets/72157630097161078/

If anyone want's the originals of any of them, let me know/add me as a contact on Flickr and I'll make sure you get them. Thanks again all for a cracking afternoon :smile:

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
Nice set of pics. :thumbsup: Much better than my feeble efforts for sure.

Not a bad session all in all, even if numbers were a bit lacking. Glad you enjoyed it.

Beaker39

Many thanks for organising the session, It was good to have a blast aroung the track. Turns out I'm not as slow as I thought I was!!!

Only problem with going to the track though is that I start trawling the internet for a track bike.........that I cant afford!!

Steviebabes

Regular
Thanks Colly :thumbsup:for sorting out the session for yesterday. Another good time. Liked the pics..very nice^_^.
Look forward to the next one :wahhey::bicycle:

Edwards80

Über Member
I gingerly approached the subject of a nice new track bike with the Mrs today. "Yeah if you want one" - Shocking! I was hoping she would make my life easy and say no! :biggrin:

Will get accredited first and then investigate.

OP
OP
colly

colly

Re member eR
I gingerly approached the subject of a nice new track bike with the Mrs today. "Yeah if you want one" - Shocking! I was hoping she would make my life easy and say no! :biggrin:

Will get accredited first and then investigate.

You must be doing something right.^_^ Get her to get a bike too. :thumbsup:

Top Bottom