Mens urinals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Glad you specified men's urinals, with all those women's urinals you see around these days.

but seriously
  1. Yeah, there are "talented" ladies who have mastered the art of the urinal. I've never seen one in action. I believe they have to stand a lot closer so their shoes would be at serious risk.
  2. On average, the ladies shoes would be nicer.
  3. <feminist>I noticed a very public urinal outside Vauxhall Station. Definitely men only, as modesty is only preserved by passersby averting their eyes, thus "very public". My first thought was "better than them pissing in the gutter", which was probably the motivation for the installation. But any ladies in the area might be more desperate for a wee, but hesitating to squat in public, have to do without. The future bladder infections of those ladies doesn't get recorded, so doesn't drive infrastructure.</feminist>

vickster

Legendary Member
Nah that's not a cat p!55 smell ;)

Brandane

Legendary Member
Glad you specified men's urinals, with all those women's urinals you see around these days.

but seriously
  1. Yeah, there are "talented" ladies who have mastered the art of the urinal. I've never seen one in action. I believe they have to stand a lot closer so their shoes would be at serious risk.
  2. On average, the ladies shoes would be nicer.
  3. <feminist>I noticed a very public urinal outside Vauxhall Station. Definitely men only, as modesty is only preserved by passersby averting their eyes, thus "very public". My first thought was "better than them pissing in the gutter", which was probably the motivation for the installation. But any ladies in the area might be more desperate for a wee, but hesitating to squat in public, have to do without. The future bladder infections of those ladies doesn't get recorded, so doesn't drive infrastructure.</feminist>
The French are so much more laid back about public urination than us. I was in a pub in France and went off to the loo for a pee (at the urinals). Next thing was a stream of women walking past at my back, heading for the ladies loo which was the cubicles a few feet away! When I checked the sign on the way out, it was right enough. I thought the women were using the gents toilet as the ladies was busy, but no; it was unisex toilets.

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
There's nothing worse than a French loo where the urinal is next to the wash basin

Chinese toilets are far worse though!!

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I came across a fantastic urinal in a pub in Cork a year ago. It was a standard (horrible) stainless steel wall-mounted trough, about three metres long. The entire floor of the Gents was a perforated stainless steel mesh beneath which was a shallow stainless steel sump. The urinal drained directly into the sump. Random or deliberate drips were of no consequence, they all ended up in the sump.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Never aim your jet directly at the urinal, always aim for the side so it swirls round not splashes back.
These things are supposed to stop splash back, they have them in my local pub.

$_57.JPG

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The French are so much more laid back about public urination than us. I was in a pub in France and went off to the loo for a pee. Next thing was a stream of women walking past at my back, heading for the ladies loo which was the cubicles a few feet away! When I checked the sign on the way out, it was right enough. I thought the women were using the gents toilet as the ladies was busy, but no; it was unisex toilets.
I've come across those in mountain restaurants in The Alps. It's a bit un-nerving because you have to pretty much shed most of your ski garments to "do the needful".

Top Bottom