Messing with the Garmin

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Been messing about with mapping on my old 705. Found a spare mount for my MTB (has a 200 mount on it at present). I've updated the maps in Base Camp and on the Garmin with the GB Garmin NT maps from a certain GPS site. I've also put the Open MTB Maps on a spare SD card so have both Garmin road and the Open MTB maps to pick.

The detail on the MTB maps is great considering its an older device. All the tracks, canal paths etc are all there as are fields and woods. Just need to get out on the bike now. May try a canal ride next week.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
I've got a lot of time for my old 705. It's built like a brick out-building and it still pretty much does everything I need. Mine has even fallen off (my fault) and been run over by a following car without even cracking the screen. I recently bought a 520, which is a different beast to the 705, mainly for the size and wireless connectivity but the 705 will still get a run out if I need turn-by-turn.
@fossyant. Canal paths? I haven't popped in to your recovery thread for a bit, but is that a good idea?

400bhp

Guru
I've got a lot of time for my old 705. It's built like a brick out-building and it still pretty much does everything I need. Mine has even fallen off (my fault) and been run over by a following car without even cracking the screen. I recently bought a 520, which is a different beast to the 705, mainly for the size and wireless connectivity but the 705 will still get a run out if I need turn-by-turn.
@fossyant. Canal paths? I haven't popped in to your recovery thread for a bit, but is that a good idea?
Done the same as you albeit I have sold the 705 now. You can get turn by turn on the 520 if you can get bikeroutetoaster working or through the paid ridewithgps version.

Still undecided with the 520. Might go for the 1000.

Top Bottom