Moody cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Chonker

Veteran
Went out for my first good run on the roads yesterday on my trike, there was loads of other cyclists around (the type with roadbikes and lycra) and I gave them a friendly nod and a smile or a wave as I passed and was for the most part greeted in return by a blank stare :becool: I was fairly close to london around the bottom of hertfordshire but c'mon are people really that unfriendly these days? shy perhaps? perhaps it's so uncommon to be friendly that what i'm seeing is shock :sad:

I did go past a club peleton heading the other way near brickendon and they seemed a good bunch, gave me a wave and a friendly word ;)

All cyclists are bastards.

Joe24

More serious cyclist than Bonj
I hate cyclists. They are all anti-social self-gratification artists that will blank you for no reason

OP
OP
Chonker

Chonker

Veteran
Hey now, I wasn't saying that, I just thought there'd be more of mutual kinda friendlyness or something, perhaps riding a recumbent makes me a cycling leper to be shunned! ;)

luplowe

I was shot down for this a year ago.. i ride both racer and mtb. and i dont get as many nods from racer types when I'm on the mtb. some of them think if you aint got a racer you cant be a serious cyclist

Joe24

No, its becase they are all grumpy nobs. I will get blanked by people(ill name and shame the group, the 'Go Sport Spex' people and others) probably because my bike isnt as good as theirs(they are up their own arses)

Check out the Informal Rides bit of this forum Chonker - see what the resident recumbent riders get up to...arallsopp in particular. Forget the bad and go with the good. There's a ride up your way this voming Subday - check it out. Bleak&divine is the name you're looking for...

Joe24

luplowe said:
I was shot down for this a year ago.. i ride both racer and mtb. and i dont get as many nods from racer types when I'm on the mtb. some of them think if you aint got a racer you cant be a serious cyclist

Wrong, there are also non serious cyclists on racers aswell, the ones that just trundle around on their dads old one thats been hanging in the garage for years untouched.

iLB

Hello there
Aperitif said:
Check out the Informal Rides bit of this forum Chonker - see what the resident recumbent riders get up to...arallsopp in particular. Forget the bad and go with the good. There's a ride up your way this voming Subday - check it out. Bleak&divine is the name you're looking for...

some sort of subway eating and throwing up based ride? ;)

snorri

Legendary Member
Chonker said:
and I gave them a friendly nod and a smile or a wave as I passed and was for the most part greeted in return by a blank stare
Sounds as if you have been trying to exchange greetings with serious cyclists, just ignore them and instead greet the real cyclists.;)

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
acab-tattoo.jpg

mickle said:
All cyclists are bastards.

ilovebikes said:
some sort of subway eating and throwing up based ride? :ohmy:

Ha ha - too much to do - so little time to do it!
Sorry. "...coming Sunday..." is what we're after.

(Been writing to someone in France ilb - that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it...)

What is your exact route down South BTW. Do you pass through/near Beziers en route to Narbonne and Spain etc..?

Top Bottom