Most depressing product in a supermarket?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
It makes me said that hot cross buns are now 52 weeks a year. Take of the crosses for 51 of those weeks.

Are they selling easter eggs now or just chocolate eggs?
Easter eggs. Chocolate eggs I'd consider an all year product now.
First seen over a month ago.

Wafer

Veteran
Christmas cards already... not a supermarket but spotted some in a card shop by the entrance this week. Still more than a third of a year to go!

KneesUp

Guru
Christmas cards already... not a supermarket but spotted some in a card shop by the entrance this week. Still more than a third of a year to go!
That's what (most) customers respond to, for better or worse. In retail there is almost a direct correlation between how early one start to sell Christmas and how much one turns over in the final quarter.

Ludwig

Hopeless romantic
Eggs from a battery farm, salmon from a fish farm, any meat if you happen you be a vegetarian, apples from New Zealand, sugary drinks and I could go on

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
It's hardly a fad... Anyone with any sense (and taste) has been drinking prosecco or cava for years in preference to the overpriced, over hyped and frankly rather manky produce of the Champagne region.
Cava, yes, if I require fizz (not often) I'll go for cava. Maybe it's just round here, but every flipping woman I know drinks prosecco.

Hill Wimp

Fair weathered,fair minded but easily persuaded.
Please, i do have standards:stop:

Wafer

Veteran
That's what (most) customers respond to, for better or worse. In retail there is almost a direct correlation between how early one start to sell Christmas and how much one turns over in the final quarter.

Yeah, just really annoys me how overblown it's become...

We have one of those fridges with the water filter and ice cube dispenser on the door. Yet apparently we also have to buy bags of ice cubes...
So did I while half the house was injured. I was icing my knee four times a day, son1 his finger and son2 his toe. Bags of ice are great. Great for filling the bath up and keeping beer cold for a party.

Top Bottom