Most Mileage Without a Visit from the P Fairy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
1 puncture last year (5k miles) 2 the year before (similar miles) .

None this year, until two weeks ago when I got two on the same day. Front tyre on the morning commute and rear on the way home.

Traditionally the first mile after posting that you haven't had on for ages

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
I don't believe in fairies :smile:, so do the right thing and call a puncture a PUNCTURE, and it will leave you alone :okay:.
Cannot remember the last time I had a puncture, it must be at least 2 years ago - and at roughly 3500 miles per year that's not bad! It probably helps that 2 of my 3 bikes have Schwalbe Marathons fitted, and the other has some kind of Specialized Armadillos.

Puncture
Voldemort
Macbeth
Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice.

:smile:

Scotchlovingcylist

Formerly known as Speedfreak
fairy_large.jpg

Don't say her name!!

OP
OP
B

bpsmith

Veteran
I ride Conti Race 28 tubes. Conti GP4000S on Winter bike and Specialized Turbo on Summer bike. Hardly puncture resistant, either of them, so pleased all round tbh.

clf

Another 2 tonight. Same wheel different places. Where can I get solid tyres from? 9 in 10 days now.

moo

Another 2 tonight. Same wheel different places. Where can I get solid tyres from? 9 in 10 days now.

Check the rim for burrs/sharp edges and make sure spoke holes haven't caused damage to the rim tape. These are common causes of repeat punctures.

Reactions: clf

clf

Found the culprits for both punctures, bits of glass. Just ordered a pair of Durano plus, hopefully they'll stand up a bit better than my continental 4 seasons.

TheJDog

dingo's kidneys
I've had none while commuting in the last two years (riding Schwalbe Marathon Plus) for probably 3-4000 miles.

'Leisure' riding this year I've had 6, which I think is a high number, but I've been riding a bit more this year than usual. Riding GP4000s. I might switch to something else when these are done.

cashy293

This might be tempting fate, but have been riding for 2 years now without a puncture. Done 1,613 miles on one bike and 1,946 miles on the other. Just wondering what the highest mileage anyone has done without the dreaded P Fairy turning up?

Sods law is that I bought 10 Continental tubes on a deal and they have sat in the garage for 2 years, with 2 of them I my jersey pocket every ride. Just know that it will bite me when I decide not to bother carrying them! :smile:

Well that's because you always have me towing you and pointing out the pot holes :bicycle::stop::tongue:

Top Bottom