Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm about to have a snooze.. Quiet please 🤫

WHAT ??!!

sorry, couldn't resist

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Tomorrow I've got to do some stuff related to my mum's will and a request from my father in preparation as he's now also unwell.

Having proved who I was by post and via a solicitor I've been told I must present myself in person to validate that. Only I'm in Yorkshire and they're definitely not. Explaining in English didn't work (I've only basic French/Russian/Spanish and none were useful in this instance) so I'm on the road for a few days.

Passport found and I'm travelling ...

Last edited:

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Dry so far today but light rain is forecast by mid morning.
Bread is getting made as I now cheat and use a breadmaker machine.

It probably gets boring for those not affected but there are more ferry problems.
MV Caledonia has picked up something in its thrusters and is out of service until they get divers. { This was one of the jobs younger son used to be involved in as a professional diver }.
We are left then with the small MV Loch Frisa on the run to Oban and a smaller than usual ferry on the Fishnish/Lochaline which has now abandoned any timetable and is shuttling as fast as possible to deal with the extra traffic.
I remember when we did not have this small ferry and the main one to Oban did three runs on a busy day and no Sunday ferry.
Happy days.

I'll admit to finding your ferries quite interesting.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
A bit of reverse fettling when I got home this afternoon - I took apart a solar powered shed light that stopped working some time ago to see whether it took a rechargable battery such as an AA or AAA that could be replaced. This is what I found, never seen one of these before.
View attachment 725513

Have a search for the numbers on the bay of e. Alternatively keep your eyes peeled for a discarded larger disposable vape doodaa, they usually have a 500mAh or larger rechargeable battery.

tom73

Guru
The rain is holding off and it's not been a bad day sunny but cool at times. So given it's looking to get wet over the weekend. I decided to have an hour or so in the garden. Making a start of the weeding i've done most of it as it was not too bad lucky hand weeding has sorting most of it.Some areas need a better going over but are just too wet to walk on and dig over. Some beds need a rethink once the Herbaceous plants start to show more. Some gaps are clearly bigger than normal the odd weather of last few years looks to have push a few plants over the edge.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Mostly sunny but still cold.
I must look really bad as at the recycling bit at the dump I was getting a couple of bundles out of the car and an old biddie tottered over and asked if I needed assistance. The dowager of a very entrepreneurial family and older than me.
A long time but useful settler.
Went for a walk near Glengorm Castle but really should have had my cycling togs and had a trike run.
A lot of cars out parked on various walks so people taking advantage of the early sunshine.
Car fuel topped up at 156.9p for diesel. We are usually 10p more than Oban Tesco.

Top Bottom