Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Too small to be either of those so I've just done a search on the code on the outside - turns out that there is a 523450 battery which is a small, oblong block type thing so the one in my light has obviously gone wrong as it is more pillow shaped!
Could be AAAA batteries.

Gwylan

Veteran
We have a Colman's mustard "antique effect" mirror on a kabding. More distressed than antique really.
It was a wedding present nearly 50 years ago from my boss at the time. I thought it was quite generous and out of character.
Today I took it apart to fix it. My earlier take on it was correct.
The whole inside had umpteen layers of scrap cardboard, to pack the mirror against the frame. Odd bits and pieces as if grabbed out of the waste bin
The Edwardian staples that held the hardboard back were so "street market".
But it's 59 years older now.

A faded photo of a king is held on place by masking tape.
I'm tempted to take the picture out and replace it with a photo of King Charles 3. But I'm not quite that much of a patriot or looking for more odd jobs

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I fancied a kofte kebab but I went to a different one today. The salad lacked dressing and the kofte was over-salted. Still, I wasn't to know that it was going to be second best to the one 100 yards up the road. But now I do.

tyred

Legendary Member
Still not much heat here but I got washing dried outside. Still no word from my solicitor or from the builder. Some of the other residents are digging into all this stuff but I'm not good with legal matters.

I might venture out for a ride. Looking forward to more daylight when the clocks change. It is still light now when I finish work but I don't really like riding at that time as there are too many aggressive idiots in hurry home from work.

Gwylan

Veteran
We have a Colman's mustard "antique effect" mirror on a kabding. More distressed than antique really.
It was a wedding present nearly 50 years ago from my boss at the time. I thought it was quite generous and out of character.
Today I took it apart to fix it. My earlier take on it was correct.
The whole inside had umpteen layers of scrap cardboard, to pack the mirror against the frame. Odd bits and pieces as if grabbed out of the waste bin
The Edwardian staples that held the hardboard back were so "street market".
But it's 59 years older now.

A faded photo of a king is held on place by masking tape.
I'm tempted to take the picture out and replace it with a photo of King Charles 3. But I'm not quite that much of a patriot or looking for more odd jobs

DOH!
Reassembled it. Put it back on the wall, walked away and two different corners popped.

Top Bottom