Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
BST commences @ Sunday 01:00 methinks 👍

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Cold and wet this morning.
Bit of a panic when I could not find my hearing aid. The battery had failed and I put it somewhere safe to fix in the morning. Found eventually in my left hand jacket pocket.
Summoned to see a GP this morning and then mebbe go and negotiate at the Calmac office for a trip off.
I want a mid week trip off after easter but getting any booking at all may be impossible. I do not want to start at 0530 so may have to make a long trip of 80 miles with 2 ferries rather than 50 minutes one ferry.
We are imprisoned by the touroid who fill every space for weeks ahead.

tyred

Legendary Member
BST commences @ Sunday 01:00 methinks 👍

The times of the year I am pleased I no longer work in telecoms tech support. It meant loads of calls which went along the lines of:

"Please, we've had the same telephone system in our office for 20 years and still can't figure out how to change the time. Could you log in and do it remotely?"

It will also mean the clock on my car dashboard will be wrong for another six months as the button which is supposed to reset it doesn't appear to do anything and I really can't be bothered taking the dashboard apart to fix it!

tyred

Legendary Member
It was dry on this morning's perambulation although it looks like rain may not be too far away.

I am convinced my heating hasn't been working properly since those idiots were messing around with the heat pump while making a mess of the balcony. I wish my solicitor would hurry up and get back to me. I'd prefer to know what I'm dealing with before talking to the builder again.

There are people outside putting up cones, signs and temporary traffic lights. I suppose it must be six months since they last dug the road up for no apparent reason. It's time they done it again.

Jenkins

Legendary Member
Good morning from a sunny/cloudy/sunny/cloudy and quite breezy Suffolk. Bit later on parade than expected due to waking up earlier and looking at the clock thinking that it was a bit too early to be doing anything and then dropping back off to sleep for another 45 minutes.
Nothing planned for today other than changing the bedding and getting some food for today and snacks for tomorrow's away day.

postman

Legendary Member
i am taking one pill three times a day to help kill off this vertigo.Prochlorperazine it is called.Well side effect is broken sleep,yes i can confirm this,but also when i do grab a bit of kip.weird dreams two that stick out.I have just finished my first delivery of mail at work,yes two deliveries we did have two.Anyway in this dream i then decide to go home get changed and go for a bicycle ride a long one.I gets back to the delivery office at 16-00 to find it closed.i woke up then.second dream i am in a church facing a table full of ex gaffers and office staff i never knew,as they walk past me they all sling a personal insult at me. i say i don't even know you.I am then surrounded by four male gaffers who begin chanting and i rise up in the air like some victim in a horror film.weird or what.i am not mad i tell you.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Second cuppa went down
On line food delivery all put away
Back to work

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
The times of the year I am pleased I no longer work in telecoms tech support. It meant loads of calls which went along the lines of:

"Please, we've had the same telephone system in our office for 20 years and still can't figure out how to change the time. Could you log in and do it remotely?"

It will also mean the clock on my car dashboard will be wrong for another six months as the button which is supposed to reset it doesn't appear to do anything and I really can't be bothered taking the dashboard apart to fix it!

I used one of those foam tacky pads and an inexpensive watch when the clock went out on my old Mitsubishi. Just removed the strap and attached the watch to the dash-board.

Top Bottom