Mundane News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cookiemonster

Legendary Member
It’s 805pm here in Hongkers. Where has the day gone?

Anyhoo, on hols from school now until 8th April. 😎

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
Still not much heat here but I got washing dried outside. Still no word from my solicitor or from the builder. Some of the other residents are digging into all this stuff but I'm not good with legal matters.

I might venture out for a ride. Looking forward to more daylight when the clocks change. It is still light now when I finish work but I don't really like riding at that time as there are too many aggressive idiots in hurry home from work.

Sorry to disabuse you, the amount of daylight doesn't change.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
BST commences @ Sunday 01:00 methinks 👍

That's GMT, it's 02:00BST

The times of the year I am pleased I no longer work in telecoms tech support. It meant loads of calls which went along the lines of:

"Please, we've had the same telephone system in our office for 20 years and still can't figure out how to change the time. Could you log in and do it remotely?"

It will also mean the clock on my car dashboard will be wrong for another six months as the button which is supposed to reset it doesn't appear to do anything and I really can't be bothered taking the dashboard apart to fix it!

In the days of mechanical master clocks, our workshop housed the clock, so if you were on shift that Sunday morning you had the joy of adjusting the clock & then checking the slave clocks & timestamps.

I've only just adjusted the clock in the car. For some strange reason, car clocks never keep good time.

Last edited:

Mike_P

Guru
Another hospital visit. Expected to arrive at least 20 minutes early but a nearly 40 minute wait at the bus station for an "every 10 minutes" service saw a 6 minute late arrival. Bus was truncated into a short to Starbeck and even so was packed. The driver said all the buses were out but market day in Knaresborough, school holidays and road works were combining to throw the service into chaos.

Grey & blustery here chez Casa Reynard, and it's attempting to rain.

Slept only so-so. Good first half of the night, and then the old too hot, too cold tango with the bedclothes. So I do not feel terribly rested. As a result, I have had a quiet morning doing all those little things that aren't important but that need doing.

Just received a phone call, supposedly from the power company wanting to check loft insulation and offer advice. I told them to go take a hike because it sounded decidedly fishy. In any case, my loft has both fibre and bead stuff covered by boards, not just the floor, but the roof joists as well. And I know it's good, because whenever we get a frost, that takes all day to melt - the only bit that actually melts is the bit around the chimney stack.

I had better have some luncheon. I am being mithered for chicken.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
Lunchtime stroll completed under grey and blue skies with a chilly breeze in one direction.

oldwheels

Legendary Member
Bitterly cold with snow on the nearby hills on Ardnamurchan and as far up Loch Sunart as can be seen.
After having been parked at the local surgery the car suddenly developed a strange cracking noise. Down to the garage where they found both front springs broken. Safe to drive locally with care but no further.
Since I am stuck without a car just as well I can drive locally ar least. At my advanced age there is probably no chance of hiring one either.
Booked in for replacement which they can manage on Monday 8th April being as they always claim extremely busy.
Since I got booked on a ferry off on the following day it is cutting it a bit close.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Presently, I'm cleaning the Tassimo machine. I've pinged off the ping-offable bits, scraped the grotty bits off, reassembled it and am running the ckeanibg disc through. That bit takes ½hr.
After this, ill get the chance to test ride my CX after fitting a new rear Derailleur, chain & gear cable. 👍

Top Bottom