N ew cycle lights approved

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

machew

Veteran
Still not low enough. Us recumbent cyclists will not take this kind of thing lying down.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Is there any recorded case of a cyclist being hurt because they couldnt see the normal traffic light?

Unless I am missing something I dont see this making any improvement to safety at junctions??

jonesy

Guru
Is there any recorded case of a cyclist being hurt because they couldnt see the normal traffic light?

Unless I am missing something I dont see this making any improvement to safety at junctions??

The benefits come from being able to give cyclists an early start, or a completely separate phase so they are separated in time from other vehicles. I agree that using them simply as repeaters of the main signal is of limited benefit.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
The benefits come from being able to give cyclists an early start, or a completely separate phase so they are separated in time from other vehicles. I agree that using them simply as repeaters of the main signal is of limited benefit.
A head start would definitely be usefull.I hadnt realized they werent just repeaters linked to the main light.

Tyke

2821886 said:
Not the other set of lights, the ones that are currently green?
Not the other set. The ones controleing my lane but on the other side of the junction paired with the ones on the stop line.

Top Bottom