Never in Britain.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gbb

Legendary Member
Give me a holiday abroad any day, it is different, usually better in so many ways.
We've holidayed in the UK many years...but its just not the same, driving, traffic, anywhere decent is crowded...and usually expensive, eating out is predictable unless you spend a lot, everything revolves around money.
Weve had aome great times here in the UK, but I can't relax here the same way I can abroad.

stephec

Legendary Member
You also miss my point. HOLIDAYS was my subject, not living in the UK.
I see what you mean now. :smile:

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
If you're footloose and fancy free - or retired - there are times when the weather is settled enough to have a good extended period of good weather in the UK. That period is rarely in August. But it does need a good deal of flexibility. Service is also a lot better than it used to be here and choice can be far better. Also, as @Hill Wimp said, the summer has not been bad in the sour feast.

OP
OP
gavroche

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Whereabouts in Crete Gav ?
Herosinoss. I strongly recommend it. For a meal out, go to Nicky's, on the sea front, you will be made so welcome! Aristotle, who looks like Telly Savalas, the actor who played Kojac, and his brother, Jimmy , are the owners and great hosts.

Reactions: gbb

Sara_H

Guru
I love holidaying in Britain, we have such a beautiful country, but I must admit that a couple of weeks of wall to wall sunshine is a wonderful thing.
Last two sunny holidays have been in Gozo.

MarkF

Guru
There are loads of places I'd love to cycle to and see in the UK, the older I get the more I realise I won't get around to seeing them all. But sun wins out, when I holiday I want sun, sun and sun, guaranteed sun. I never tour beyond 1-3 dayers in the UK, I am knocking off the Fens tomorrow from my list of places I've not cycled in or visited, ok no sun but it's going to be dry, hopefully..

Top Bottom