FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A couple of questions about the Shoreham by Sea ride.
How far is it?
What is the route of the final approach to S-b-S?

I ask because I'm pondering a route back. I don't normally like going back the way I came - which is why I'm interested in the final approach.

Actually, I can answer that. The expected distance is about 60 miles. We'll be dropping through Steyning and Coombes to the airport.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Actually, I can answer that. The expected distance is about 60 miles. We'll be dropping through Steyning and Coombes to the airport.
Perfick. Ta.

hatler

Guru
A general comment about the home page on the website if I may.

Given that this is a club founded on the principle of riding at night, the first several slides in the slide show on the home page are all in broad daylight. If I had stumbled upon the home page I would perhaps be a little confused.

A general comment about the home page on the website if I may.

Given that this is a club founded on the principle of riding at night, the first several slides in the slide show on the home page are all in broad daylight. If I had stumbled upon the home page I would perhaps be a little confused.
Good point and you're not the first to mention this!

If only it were possible to either (a) set the Flickr slideshow widget to flip through the Flickr album at random or (b) manually re-order the photos in the Flickr album quickly and easily. I keep intending to research workarounds to sort this out but other concerns keep pushing it down the To Do list, unfortunately.

Last edited:

StuartG

slower but further
@velovoice - the widget is using Flash. This really doesn't play well on Linux systems - it comes up as broken on some browsers unless you hack it. I didn't so I'm still in the dark. Flash is rapidly becoming deprecated on many other systems so it might be a good time to reconsider how you serve slideshows.

@velovoice - the widget is using Flash. This really doesn't play well on Linux systems - it comes up as broken on some browsers unless you hack it. I didn't so I'm still in the dark. Flash is rapidly becoming deprecated on many other systems so it might be a good time to reconsider how you serve slideshows.
Yes, there's that, too. The slideshow doesn't play on mobiles either. I may need to pick your brains sometime soon (remembering your kind offer of assistance a few months back! :smile: ) The thing is, I really want to move the whole thing off the Blogger platform onto a self-hosted site anyway, which I just haven't had time to do yet.

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
I apologise, but where can I find the website? I've seen it before but I've just spent ten minutes searching without luck. Could somebody put me out of my misery?

Thanks.
http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/welcome.html
Same place as usual...

topcat1

vintage Mercian 2012
@velovoice , you may want change the link on the fnrttc blog.The link you have goes straight to the photostream you need to link to the album (next week the link you have will show lorries.)

Top Bottom