FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

StuartG

slower but further
Changing subject but it looks like DZ's or the FNRttC contact list has been hacked. I got a personally addressed email purporting to come from the standard fnrttc email address but actually from a Japanese domain and linking to a hacked Russian site. Be careful.

@StuartG could you please confirm which email address this came from? The old one (DZ's) is/was fnrttc@yahoo.co.uk; the new one is fridaynightridetothecoast@gmail.com (which only myself and @mmmmartin have access to). Thanks!

ETA: Also, since 1st August, the only emails going out to the entire mailing list are coming from the gmail one, sent by me. If the bad one you got came from somewhere else, then the mailing list is still safe, on my PC at least. Once you've clarified, we can alert DZ if necessary. Thanks again.

StuartG

slower but further
It was the yahoo one for DZ. I've been pruning my spam folder and found about half a dozen identical ones from different people which, of course had their own contact addresses. The weird thing is they are all cycling related contacts. One suspects the infection has come from a cycling related resource which could be the fnrttc itself as that connects the contacts. Its therefore impossible to know which one is the source. Have a look in your own spam folder - Gmail was very good at trapping them.

They are of the form "From [Purported senders name]":

---------------------
Good afternoon [contact name]

[pharma spam link]

[Purported senders name]
Sent from my iPhone
--------------------

And DZ is still a Nokia man I think ...

Last edited:

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I've had one of those as well. But I've also had one purportedly from someone who's never been on an FNR and wouldn't be on the same database.

Aha. I've had lots of ones similar to that, purportedly from several email addresses, one a good cycling friend, the rest strangers. The yahoo address is DZ's. No idea how to get to the root of it. I guess all I can say is, keep those spam filters switched on!

Funnily enough this morning I had a very nice confirmation email from the very nice people at the very nice NEW sparkling destination planned for Friday 20th May 2016. They're looking forward to feeding 50+ hungry cyclists on the Saturday.

Oh, and just before arriving at the final destination, we go fairly near to a castle which isn't a castle (not Arundel), perfect for @martint235 to completely ignore. Whilst having breakfast and enjoying the splendid scenic views, you can also see it (or not).

StuAff

Funnily enough this morning I had a very nice confirmation email from the very nice people at the very nice NEW sparkling destination planned for Friday 20th May 2016. They're looking forward to feeding 50+ hungry cyclists on the Saturday.

Oh, and just before arriving at the final destination, we go fairly near to a castle which isn't a castle (not Arundel), perfect for @martint235 to completely ignore. Whilst having breakfast and enjoying the splendid scenic views, you can also see it (or not).
Castle which isn't a castle? Sounds familiar- but then my home town has one too!

Just joined the Facebook page also as I've missed out on The Friday's for a while and next year my girlfriend wants to try an Friday Trip to the Coast will get her joint up with CTC soon and hopefully get a few in next year Whitstable and Southend are possible at present with shift work

Just joined the Facebook page also as I've missed out on The Friday's for a while and next year my girlfriend wants to try an Friday Trip to the Coast will get her joint up with CTC soon and hopefully get a few in next year Whitstable and Southend are possible at present with shift work
Great news, Nigel! Wondered if it was you when I approved your FB request.
We're in final stages of finalising dates and destinations so do check out the website in a few weeks. Even better, sign up to the newsletter and you'll get notified by email just as soon as we announce all the exciting stuff in the works for 2016.
http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/interesting-in-our-rides-heres-how-to.html

"Burly TECs"???
(yup I know this is month;s old)

Maybe it's a homonym
BerleiHero_1.jpg

StuAff

New destinations announced: Shoreham (no, no idea where that is....), May 20, and a reverse Cambridge-London on October 14.

Top Bottom