FNRttC New FNRttC Website...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
No longer than the Brighton ride, significantly shorter than the Bognor ride. It does not cross any oceans.

Great news, Nigel! Wondered if it was you when I approved your FB request.
We're in final stages of finalising dates and destinations so do check out the website in a few weeks. Even better, sign up to the newsletter and you'll get notified by email just as soon as we announce all the exciting stuff in the works for 2016.
http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/interesting-in-our-rides-heres-how-to.html
Cheers Rebecca
Looking forward to next year
Clicked the News link think it worked
__o
_(\<._
(_)/ (_)

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
It is in Kent, in the Darent valley.
Kent? Isn't it between Bognor and Brighton? Or is that ASJT?

(It's also the end of a long stretch of mostly off-road cycle path from Guildford. Which might actually be approachable in the late spring. Hmmmmmmm...........)

It was literal, I am afraid. Shoreham is Shoreham, whilst Shoreham-by-sea is Shoreham-by-sea.
One is way prettier than the other but not suited as a night ride destination.

True, but the actual arrival point in Shoreham-by-sea is a definite Destination with a capital D, in that it's iconic as well as being of architectural significance.

And the actual journey there is jolly spiffing as well - bats flitting over a lake, little country lanes, that sort of stuff plus the previously mentioned castle which isn't a castle.

Shoreham-by-Sea: yay!
A wonderful destination. Home of Richard Durrant and a convicted paedophile priest and a selection of hostelries for post-ride hydration.
(And selfishly, I can ride home within an hour; if I'm still residing where I currently do).

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
(It's also the end of a long stretch of mostly off-road cycle path from Guildford. Which might actually be approachable in the late spring. Hmmmmmmm...........)
The Downs Link - 37 miles worth of ex railway path. We've done the first bit in the very early spring in pouring rain on the tandem and it was a bit too exciting - but I think on the right solo it could be better.

The question is whether I do a SMRbtG, or get up early and do it before breakfast. Of course either is dependent on getting around to fixing up the ex-mountain bike sitting in my flat.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I'm looking forward to it all.

In fact it's inspired me to maybe do a ride to Shoreham-by-Sea, via Shoreham. Maybe also via Horsham which is almost, but not quite, an anagram.

The Downs Link - 37 miles worth of ex railway path. We've done the first bit in the very early spring in pouring rain on the tandem and it was a bit too exciting - but I think on the right solo it could be better.
Errrr, Adam certainly didn't take me that way on our reccie! It was the loveliest, most downhill-y-ish night ride route I've ever done!!

Oh, keep 'em coming if they make you happy! Though I do wonder what Agent Hilda would think of your Berlei post.
Well, I do have a serious post. I tried to register for email on http://fridaynightridetothecoast.blogspot.co.uk/p/interesting-in-our-rides-heres-how-to.html a couple of days ago, and just then, but nothing happens when I hit the subscribe button. So unless you have multiple additions to your mailing list of fnrttc@mc<deleted>.org, then it's broken. Oh, and if you have managed to add me to your mailing list, then you need to fix it so it acknowledges you.

(Chrome on a Mac, if that is relevant)

Hopefullly @Agent Hilda isn't cross with me. I tried to find an image that allowed the joke, without being "air head in underwear". I'd be proud to be or ride with the model in the Berlei add.

Top Bottom