News too exciting for the 'Mundane News' thread...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
So how big is that, and what size sd card do you have. Is there any evidence of delay caused by the amount of data?

1 Gigabyte on the internal memory of the Etrex. No delay anticipated. I've got the route broken down state by state on the maps front and hugged chunks of each state have been cropped. Only 11 tracks. Getting the software and hardware to co-operate with each other was the biggest drain on time resources. My 16Gb card is untouched.

mybike

Grumblin at Garmin on the Granny Gear
1 Gigabyte on the internal memory of the Etrex. No delay anticipated. I've got the route broken down state by state on the maps front and hugged chunks of each state have been cropped. Only 11 tracks. Getting the software and hardware to co-operate with each other was the biggest drain on time resources. My 16Gb card is untouched.

I can imagine, and you use the eTrex on your bike? I've only used mine for recording rides so far. It's quite useful walking tho'

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
I can imagine, and you use the eTrex on your bike? I've only used mine for recording rides so far. It's quite useful walking tho'

It's a tool of last resort. There's going to be huge expanses of America with barely a turn off. It comes into its own in urban environments - it really earned its keep in London, Paris, Budapest, Novi Sad, Belgrade, Vienna and Berlin. More often than not it just sits on the bike mount on my handlebars recording where I've been.

coffeejo

Ælfrēd
it's official. I'm excited about my forthcoming tour. One more sleep!

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:
But will you?

My son spent his last day in the Army on friday after being medically discharged.( hyper mobility in his lower body ligaments) . On saturday he became the European Powelifting Congress champion in his age and class. Keeping his two world records and adding another one. So not that sick really. Will be really excited when he gets another job!

Top Bottom