England : Hampshire Night Ride Around The Coast - 14 March

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I live on the Island and have ridden most of it at night with friends. If you need any local knowledge feel free to send me a message! Very do-able but yes...the roads are terrible!

HorTs

Über Member
I've been road the island a few times (during the day) and not found the roads to be worse than anywhere else - maybe I have low standards.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
I'd agree with that. Some crappy bits and some nice bits of road. Just like the big island.
Me too. The minor roads, particularly on the south side, are in worse nick than the As, hence my intention to deviate somewhat from the official round the Island route.

Me too. The minor roads, particularly on the south side, are in worse nick than the As, hence my intention to deviate somewhat from the official round the Island route.

Exactly. Using all of the Military Road to Freshwater will be fine for example. And on the main road out of Shanklin, there are 2 bad bits, but as these are on hills going up, they're less of a problem.

Oops, I said the "h" word. Hopefully I'll get away with it.

OP
OP
StuAff

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
Thinking some time in March, Olaf. Will wait until the FNRttC calendar is up to avoid clashes.

Top Bottom