Night Ride Carlisle - Newcastle 19-Sep-2014

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I will be ready for the cold and everything, but Metcheck gives the following for Brampton early Sat am (not sure what time we'll actually be there, but you get the idea :thumbsup: )

brampton.png

MikeW-71

Veteran
Looks like a warm night doesn't it :smile:

MikeW-71

Veteran
Since I live literally 2mins ride away from Tesco in Carlisle, I'll meet you there rather than the station. Drop me a text when you set off :smile:

MikeW-71

Veteran
I've been out testing clothes. I think I've sussed it out now :smile:

Bike is sorted, chain is mickled, stuff packed so I can't forget anything.

@DefBref I have the voucher for the tickets, we will need to buy them at Newcastle ticket office, but my sister tells me that it would be valid for you to use all the way to Whitehaven as long as you are on a Northern train. It's a day roaming ticket :smile:

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
That should be fine :smile:

MikeW-71

Veteran
It looks like it'll stay at 12C + with not a lot of wind, but I want my legs covered. Any way I've done it seems to be just as warm/hot as each other, so I'm just going for the winter bib tights, but with a base layer and normal long sleeve jersey. Probably just use mitts too. I'll have a waterproof and long gloves in the bag just in case.

Might be on the warmer side, but I'd rather that than too cold.

I'll be ready to go at 11pm, but I'll meet you at Tesco. What time are you looking at getting there?

OP
OP
mcshroom

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
It looks like it'll stay at 12C + with not a lot of wind, but I want my legs covered. Any way I've done it seems to be just as warm/hot as each other, so I'm just going for the winter bib tights, but with a base layer and normal long sleeve jersey. Probably just use mitts too. I'll have a waterproof and long gloves in the bag just in case.

Might be on the warmer side, but I'd rather that than too cold.

I'll be ready to go at 11pm, but I'll meet you at Tesco. What time are you looking at getting there?

However long it takes to get there from Carlisle station, the ride comes straight out along the A69. Last two years we've stopped off at Tesco for last minute provisions (as there's nothing open from there until Hexham) so we should be there for a little while.

I'll send you Tiermat's phone number when I get home from work this afternoon*. He has kindly offered to lead the ride for me so he'll be making that call.

*I'd have suggested Private Messenging him, but he's a YACFer but I don't think he posts on here unfortunately.

Top Bottom