NIGHT RIDES! Abingdon to London (100k) and Abingdon-London-Abingdon (160k) Friday 24th October

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EatSleepRideRepeat

AKA Martin from Wales
Really good night out FF, great bunch of riders, many thanks, glad I made the effort to turn out. Highlights for me were plunging into thick mist at 44 mph at the bottom of a hill, not knowing the road, a very impressive tree tunnel, and 'basket tray pinball' game down The Mall, Acton.
Just for a change, the train didn't break down...the line did. Only added an hour to an already tedious journey, well done First Great Western.
All the best, Martin. ESRR.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Really good night out FF, great bunch of riders, many thanks, glad I made the effort to turn out. Highlights for me were plunging into thick mist at 44 mph at the bottom of a hill, not knowing the road, a very impressive tree tunnel, and 'basket tray pinball' game down The Mall, Acton.
Just for a change, the train didn't break down...the line did. Only added an hour to an already tedious journey, well done First Great Western.
All the best, Martin. ESRR.
Really glad you made the effort to come over and join us, I must try and repay the compliment on a Welsh ride! Nice meeting and chatting to you as we rolled into the mildly dismal outer reaches of London! Basket tray Pinball I'll have to remember!
Until another time, take care. FF.

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Sounds like a quality night out FF.
It was a really good ride. Little faffage, a very well balanced group speed-wise (though a few of us were at the top of our range for a while), diverse and warm company, it's hard to think how it could have been better ... apart from some old friends of course :thumbsup:

Reactions: srw
U

User10571

Less of the old, ok?:thumbsup:

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Oh bollix I missed this!
Tsk!

Sounds great - nice pic - If I'd been around I would maybe have met you in Acton to ride out then back to London.

"How do a I find the market square"

?

Nice country - have ridden Oxford to London on various bikes - next time I do it I'll check out George Orwell's grave - was miffed recently to find that I've often been close to it

OP
OP
Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie

Sounds great - nice pic - If I'd been around I would maybe have met you in Acton to ride out then back to London.

"How do a I find the market square"

?

Nice country - have ridden Oxford to London on various bikes - next time I do it I'll check out George Orwell's grave - was miffed recently to find that I've often been close to it
Don't fret!
Seeing as this seemed pretty successful, we'll be doing more next year (when spring is in view) so would be great to have you along!

Top Bottom