No offence to cat owners but .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
My neighbour's pussies are starting to get on my bumps :smile:

We have 2 cats adjacent and 1 cat at the bottom. All of which use the garden as a toilet, playground (digging up plants) and a slaughterhouse (birds). Both of their gardens are just plain lawn whereas we have shrubs, trees, pots etc, so I get why it's more interesting.

It's really starting to annoy me and I don't know the best way to deal with it. WHEN I catch them, I try and shoo them off in a nice way, in case the neighbours hear - I could do without any hassle.

We have loads of plants and veg growing in the greenhouse which I am worried will be knackered up as soon as they hit the ground. I also miss the birds at the bird table. :sad:

Any ideas???? Should I encourage my dog to sh*t on their lawns? :biggrin: :smile:

mr Mag00

rising member
id have them all shot from a conservation perspective.

i dont sit on the fence with regards anyones moggy

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Now now Mr Magg, I am a big animal lover .... well, I was but they are really trying my patience.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
High powered water pistol (suggest super soaker style), filled with iced water... give them a blast and see em scoot! They'll soon learn you're not to be trifled with :biggrin:

TimO

Guru
snapper_37 said:
My neighbour's pussies are starting to get on my bumps :biggrin: ...

The best way to keep cats out of your garden is to get a cat. :smile:

Cats tend to go to the loo just outside their own territory, and for our somewhat crushed in urban moggies, their territory tends to be the edge of our gardens, so your nieghbours cats will tend to use your garden as their loo. If you had a cat, it would fight it's territorial corner and keep them out.

Possibly not the best advice.

You can legally do anything which doesn't actually harm the cats, but the owners aren't generally responsible for their cats behaviour, unlike dogs. That may not strictly be what the law says, but that's the gist of it. You can put things in your garden, like citrus sprays to encourage the cats to leave, but if you put down poison (not that I'm suggesting that you would), you would fall foul of the law. If the cat digs up your flowerbeds to use them as a loo, there's not a lot you can do other than discourage them from doing this.

Your dog ought to be a deterrent to most cats, but some dogs can be a bit wossy around cats, having had their noises scratched once too often.

PaulB

Legendary Member
None taken as we have a cat and thoroughly despise the pathetic b*stard (that's an a there BTW) It is utterly useless and does nothing but piss, shoot and whinge for food, often at 5am! If we throw it out, it whinges and whines like a baby and the neighbours complain so we can't win. We can't even go away for a weekend 'cos everyone hates it and won't look after it for us. We originally got it as we had a mouse problem but it's scared of the mice and is now extremely short sighted and a mouse could run over its nose and it wouldn't see it.

Has anyone even seen the movie, The Sailor who fell from Grace with the Sea? That has a sub-plot concerning a boy who's so outraged at the softness of his cat who depends totally on humans, that he kills it. I feel sympathetic for that view now!

Globalti

Legendary Member
If your cat's no good why not mark the garden as YOUR territory by pissing all around the boundaries? We did it camping in South Africa and we didn't get eaten by lions.

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Rigid Raider said:
If your cat's no good why not mark the garden as YOUR territory by pissing all around the boundaries? We did it camping in South Africa and we didn't get eaten by lions.

Oh I can just see me and missus stooping everywhere .... they'd think we were into witchcraft :biggrin: :smile: :smile:

Top Bottom