No offence to cat owners but .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Pig

punkypossum said:
I totally agree that that might be very annoying, but there is only a limited amount the cat owner can do,

Exactly, which is why I question their suitability as pets.

A child may be annoying or cause damage but the parents are responsible for them. If a kid were to come into your garden and damage something you'd be within your rights to seek recompense from the parents and assurances that the behavior would not be repeated. Try that with a cat owner and they'd just shrug their shoulders and say 'What do you want me to do, I can't control my cat?'.

Why are people allowed to bring an animal that they have zero control over into residential area and let it go? If you did that with a dog, rabbit, rat or any other kind of animal you would considered irresponsible and might face charges, yet for some bizarre reason we are to consider it acceptable to do it with cats?

The owner of any animal should be able to exert at least basic control over it. Cat owners don't even know where the blasted things are half the time. And that's not irresponsible? How can you be a responsible pet owner when you don't even know where your pet is?

asterix

Comrade Member
I love it when people get so wound up over trivial matters:biggrin:

Mr Pig

asterix said:

So do I, great fun :0) Pet owners are particularly good, people get so defensive and irrational about balls of fluff that will probably die before their washing machine!

peanut

punkypossum said:
Remind me why you got your rabbit then Mr Pig!

You know you are not supposed to feed the animals on here PP :biggrin:they'l go away if you don't feed them (hopefully)

Mr Pig

Uncle Mort said:
And you can eat them if you get bored. Winners all round. :tongue:

Ha ha :0) And again, why is it fine to kill and eat rabbits but not cats? We look down our noses at countries where they eat cats and dogs yet we eat different animals and think nothing of it.

Mayniac

This looks like fun. Trouble is, the cats round here crap on my front garden, and I don't think the postman will be too amused.

tea

Orange peel, and pepper powder also burglar paint on the fence. works for a while. (Please note do not leave car antifreeze in a bowl as cats tend to like it but it ultimately ends up killing them)

OP
OP
snapper_37

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
asterix said:

Yeah, it's really trivial when some creature that someone else decided to nuture shoots all over your garden and digs up your plants and veg. It's a right laugh. :biggrin:

Yes I am wound up because it pisses me off. What's wrong with that? I'm sure that if my dog shat all over their lawn, they would get pissed off with it. :angry:

jonesy

Guru
snapper_37 said:
Yeah, it's really trivial when some creature that someone else decided to nuture shoots all over your garden and digs up your plants and veg. It's a right laugh. :biggrin:

Yes I am wound up because it pisses me off. What's wrong with that? I'm sure that if my dog shat all over their lawn, they would get pissed off with it. :angry:

I agree. I have to keep cleaning shoot from our neighbours' cats off our lawn where our toddler plays... xx( :angry: not at all trivial:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxocariasis

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
snapper_37 said:

Totally agree.
Cats are vermin owned by people. There should be a law against them.

Top Bottom